Outdoor Weddings

new to the board

Hi everyone!

I just starting planning and am new to the board! I am currently debating between an outdoor wedding at home or a destination wedding at a resort. I am curious about the budget difference between the two options.
What are some of your budgets for an outdoor wedding?
Thanks! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: new to the board

• I am having an outdoor ceremony and reception at Forest Park.  Some of the costs you have to think about are the rentals.  For an at home, the tent rental can add up to the cost of a venue.  Then you have to rent the tables, chairs, bar, dance floor, lighting for tent, and of course tableclothes and possibly dishes unless you're having disposable.  Can your guest use your house restrooms or do you have to look into an ulternative option?  I would talk to the cateres about possible obsticles with using a smaller kitchen then theirs.  Don't be discouraged though.  With a destination wedding you have to consider how many of your guests will be able to afford it, or be able to take off work.  And, with a destination wedding, you might have to downsize your overall look if it will be too difficult to pack and load everything needed to the location.  Are their photographers good?  Who will do your hair?  How will you safely get your dress there?

Sorry for the long blog.  Hope it helps
    Michele- 
  • I am having a destination wedding...we are having a 16 month engagement to allow our friends and family to be able to save and share our special day...I don't feel like it is a huge deal asking friends and family to go to a destination since we all take vacations together anyway. We just get to choose the destination this time!

I have a client that said he was going to be in his cousins wedding and some in the wedding just couldn't make it so those who couldn't were dressed up at the reception back home and they also took pictures of the "whole wedding party" before the reception...

just a thought...
    Good Luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards