Georgia-Atlanta

5 months away... need a little venting

So, as of the 30th, we are 5 months away from the big day. My dress is bought, I found shoes(so cute!), second payment to the venue has been made, our catering deposit is done, our cake ideas have been given to our "designer". I'm DIYing all our centerpieces( I will NEVER recommend this...ever again, lol), flowers are done and half of that has been paid off. EVERYONE is telling me I am so far ahead of the game, yet, I feel like I'm behind.

My vent/rant: *which I will more than happily accept advice on*   I am having issues with Bridesmaids dresses. I have a MOH, and a BM. My BM and I have been dress shopping as my MOH has just moved, and started back at school, so our schedules haven't allowed for a lot of shopping around. Every single dress my BM has tried on, she doesn't like. I'm to the point now where I want to be "that bride" and say you know, you are wearing this, end of story. I'm frustrated with this portion of wedded bliss...

Second problem, a DJ! I never imagined this would be as difficult as it's becoming. I didn't budget well for it, so finding one under $700 has been ridiculous, not to mention someone willing to let us play exactly what we want played. We are tossing around the idea of an IPAD/IPOD wedding, but our venue said this was a bad idea. Suggestions??

Anyway, TIA for anyone that reads this. I really just needed to get this off my chest, as the FI can't bear to listen to me anymore.

Re: 5 months away... need a little venting

• edited December 2011
    Have you tried checking Craigslist for a DJ? $700-$750 was pretty much the standard rate I saw it seemed, but I want to say I saw 1 or 2 on Craigslist that were cheaper. 

Have you asked your BM what style she thinks she would like?  If you get to where you have to just tell her what to wear, I would suggest make it inexpensive (~$100 or less) so she doesn't feel like she's spending a ton for something she doesn't like.  Personally I want the bride to just tell me what to wear so that I don't have to deal with it :)
    Photobucket
  • dzjennadzjenna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also 5 months away (4/29/11), and you are further along than I am.  I am using Complete Music for a DJ and our total for 4 hours is $750.  Check them out.  

I also had a similar BM dress issue.  I went with my MOH and found one we both liked, but when I sent out the pic to the rest of the girls, they all hated it.  So, I had them send me pics of dresses they love, then I picked my two favs, then they got to vote.  I have 5 bridesmaids, all different body types, so it was a challenge to find one they all liked, but I finally found one!  It's hard when they can't all go shopping with you, but it's something that needs to get done and ordered, so put your foot down, and get that checked off your list :)  I didn't want to be "that bride" either, but at the same time, you need to get them ordered in time for delivery.

Good luck wedding weekend twin!
  • edited December 2011
    My DJ is great!!! Here is his information: 

Mobile DJ Services by Kelly Martin
    boombuilder@yahoo.com

You can find him on facebook too. He is wonderful!!!
  • alikatt13alikatt13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the responses. My sister is my MOH and she doesn't care what she wears. I'm only requiring one thing, and that's that the dress must be black. Outside of that, as long as nothing is hanging out or really short, it's up to them. So, when we were dress shopping, I was more or less saying yes or no, and she just thinks she looks fat in EVERYTHING. I'm a... little fluffy? lol... and I know a great pair of Spanx will work wonders, and I'm ok with that. I just don't get it/

And yea for a wedding weekend twin! That's kinda cool to me, so thanks for sharing. I'll look into everyone suggestions. Laughing
  • edited December 2011
    I received a quote for a DJ for about $500 for hte basic package from www.thepros.com Don't know anything about them, but the price sounds pretty good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards