Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Ice Cream cake?

FI REALLY want to have the top layer of the cake an ice cream cake with chocolate cake and peanut butter ice cream.

My aunt is making our cake and I do not want her to have to worry about keeping it cold and worry with it and it'll be so heavy on top I would think.

But maybe I could get baskin robbins or somewhere else to make it and surprise him with it? I have to check if I can put the cake somewhere safe and how that works, but what do you think?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ice Cream cake?

• Options
    kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I thought it'd be cute to surprise him, and bring it out at a special time or something.

He also said he wanted sushi at the wedding, so I was thinking of getting a couple little sushi rolls just for him.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I agree, the Groom's Cake idea is the way to go.  Just be sure to check with your reception site ahead of time that there'll be a place to keep it after dinner is over if you're planning to keep it.  It'll be a lot less stress on your aunt who's making the cake to just put that out too just before you get there if you ask.

One other thought, we served icecream cups to our guests with their cake.  DH's family always had icecream at major events so it worked in great plus it didn't cost us much AT ALL. 
  • Options
    Future_FianceFuture_Fiance member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea of an ice cream cake, but would do it as a groom's cake.  Cold Stone Creamery makes wedding ice cream cakes, so I'm sure they could do a groom's one with no problem, as long as one is within your area!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI wants an ice cream cake too! They're his fav. So Im going to suprise him with an ice cream grooms cake. I think you could have Dairy Queen make one? Im not positive though, I havent done any research yet but I know this is a great idea;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cute idea for a grooms cake, but you won't be able to keep it on display to long unless  you keep it on an ice sculpture.

If you are having a do it yourself wedding you can easily make an ice cream cake that will shock guests and is the easiest thing you can do.
     You can purchase a peanut butter ice cream of your choice- depending how much cake you will want will depend on how much you need to buy. And you can also choose another flavor of you choice.
    Get few bags of oreo cookie crunch (already broken up) and a nice looking deep dish to put it into.
    You can layer the bottom of the dish with the oreo crunchies; then melt the peanut butter ice cream in the microwave- just until it is soft enough to mix with a spoon, and spread it ontop of the crunchies. Now poor chocolate syrup ontop of the peanut butter ice cream. Then put it in the freezer to harden for about an hour. Take it out and repeat with another flavor of ice cream- layer it with cookie crunch or get creative and use peanut butter cups, chocolate chips or anything you feel. Spread on 2nd ice cream flavor for the top layer. Then decorate using chocolate syrup and goodies....
    Or you can go to Carvel..

Wink
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Cold Stone Cremery, I saw their wedding ice cream cakes and they look stunning!!!
  • Options
    Clare13Clare13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend has ordered her ice cream cake through Dairy Queen.  They are taking the three sizes of their cakes and stacking them.  The store has never done it before but thought it would be easy.  Also, it was really cheap.  She's still figuring out how to display it.  My guess is that this will be your biggest challenge.  Good luck. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards