Maryland
Options

inexpensive venues in the Gaithersburg area

So my partner and I are getting married next year in March. I already have quite a few things locked in and planned but the one thing I am getting stuck with is the venue. We have a tight budget, thus we cannot afford much. We would like to stay in the Gaithersburg area since that is the area that we live in, but if the pricing is right we would be willing to go elsewhere. Does anyone know of any places that are inexpensive yet nice?

Re: inexpensive venues in the Gaithersburg area

• Options
    ...what is your budget and how many guests are you having?

Also, what is "nice" to you?  Do you want a ballroom, a mansion, a restaurant, a loft/gallery, a historic venue??  Mine is in a barn, while my friends will be on a pier on the Bay, so I mean, styles vary.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    We are having 30-35 people ( VERY small ) by nice I mean nothing trashy lol. Ballroom is not the style we are looking for, we are more simple and basic. If the venue includes the cost of catering 1500 MAX, if not then as low as possible lol
  • Options
    yea, the problem with that is that we want to have a DJ and do some dancing. I don't think that a restaurant will allow us to do that.
  • Options
    Look into maybe a local winery, we have one up by me that has a wine cellar room that seats like 45 people, which would be perfect for you.  Look into historic homes too, some are really decked out but pretty small, so it would be nice and cosy for 40 people scattered among the rooms.  I am not from gaithersburg so I can't speak specifically.

I might get bored and do a serious search for you here soon, so Ill come back!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Inquire about Gaithersburg Inn:

Look into Kentlands Mansion:

looks like rental varies a lot on the day but for Catering Id recommend KS Catering, good food and something like $20 pp.

Here's what seems to be a restaurant?  Either way they have a space for 25-50 guests:

No clue about pricing:

And if you had just 25 people there is a cottage here to rent:
    imageimage
  • Options
    Oh my goodness! You are wonderful :) Thank you so much for your help :)
  • Options
    I have a couple of ideas for you:
    What about doing it at Maggiano's in the Bethesda/Chevy Chase area? They do have an upstairs with smaller rooms that you can rent, and the food is family style, which means that you could hopefully save some money! I believe that they do allow DJs and music, so that is definitely a possibility.

Also, my brother and his fiance are getting married at Sugarloaf Mountain in the Strong Mansion there, and the scenery is beautiful and the mansion is pretty nice! You may want to check that out.

My brother in law had his reception at Normandie Farms restaurant in Potomac, and it was really nice and the food was delish! They didn't have a DJ but they did have their own sound system with music playing, so that might be something to consider.

Hope that helps!

• Options
    What about Casey Barn?  I *think* their costs were cheaper than the mansion.  And I've been to events there before, you can make it look great!

I've also been to Maggianos for Bat/Bat Mitvas, Rehersal dinners & a wedding.  It is nice, it can get very crowded though and I think pricey. 

For catering, if you don't already have someone, I've been suprised in looking @ local resturants.  Their prices are much lower than a catering company.
  • Options
    There is a farm in Boyds that does weddings for small numbers. Looks cute.mpleasant springs? I can't remember the name
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards