South Carolina-Charleston

Buying a Weeding Gown Tax Free this weekend

So who's buying their wedding gown this weekend for Tax Free? I saw the that Bella Vista is having a sale. Good luck to all those shopping for their back to school wedding gown, veil, bridesmaid, etc.

Re: Buying a Weeding Gown Tax Free this weekend

• katydid2014katydid2014 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm ordering mine this weekend from Jean's Bridal!  I'm even getting a little more knocked off the price b/c I found it cheaper in Columbia and Jean's is going to match the lower price! Never hurts to ask!!!
  • edited December 2011
     All bridal gowns in SC have to be tax free this weekend no matter where you buy BUT the entire balance has to be paid in full in order to get it tax free.  White on Daniel Island is also taking 10% the total in addition to tax free!  That's where I got my dress!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • acg1acg1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Bella Vista is matching sales tax, plus having a huge sale....almost wish I waited to save all the money.

Katiewest: who's your dress by?

• DRibeiro13DRibeiro13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im paying the remaining balance off this weekend at White on Daniel Island and it will be tax free...apparently im saving almost $300!
  • acg1acg1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tax free only applies to new items purchased this weekend and the item has to be paid in full. Otherwise it is fraud. Your balance already has the tax factored into it, so they can not charge you new tax on it. If they charge tax on a balance that you have already made a payment on, I would turn them into the local IRS department because they are charging you double tax. They can't take tax off an exisiting charge for this weekend because that tax was on a purchase made before the dates. Something seems rotten in Denmark.....seems shady business practice to me,
  • katydid2014katydid2014 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_buying-weeding-gown-tax-this-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:600Discussion:12b336b0-2186-4e8b-881c-9a5d400accadPost:d661e6b6-8345-4818-a285-18aef69a2567">Re: Buying a Weeding Gown Tax Free this weekend</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bella Vista is matching sales tax, plus having a huge sale....almost wish I waited to save all the money. Katiewest: who's your dress by?
    Posted by acg1[/QUOTE]

My dress is a Maggie.  The only store in town that has the actual sample is Bridals by Jodi in N. Chas.  Jean's carries Maggie's but not my sample, however I like the girls at Jean's better and she said she can order my dress for me since they carry the line.
  • DRibeiro13DRibeiro13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Jodi has checked with the IRS and it is NOT fraud. and its commonly known that she does this...she sends out letters to all of her brides. As long as the entire balance is paid in full this weekend there is no problem. 
  • cougarettecougarette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress tax free last year.  They were also offering free veils at Bridals by Jodis.  I don't know if they're doing it again this year, though.

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    Amanda (cougarette) has read 10 books toward her goal of 75 books.
    hide
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards