Registry and Gift Forum

Adding Best Buy registry to wedding website

Hey all! I couldn't get my FI to participate in helping create a registry... until I suggested he start his own at a store he likes. Hence the Best Buy registry. But I can't figure out how to add it onto my The Knot wedding website... it doesn't come up in the usual search, and if I can't get it onto the site I don't know how my guests will know about it. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Re: Adding Best Buy registry to wedding website

• What sort of things did you register for there? I'd be apprehensive to buy something off of a Best Buy gift registry... but that depends on what is listed. If its stuff such as video games, I'd absolutely not purchase from it. But like a new TV or something you can share as a couple would be more appealing to me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_adding-buy-registry-wedding-website?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:30b6f576-55e9-427d-a150-78e19f02c227Post:d57b6e79-ee7c-4410-9c68-8bd1003f6c70">Re: Adding Best Buy registry to wedding website</a>:
    [QUOTE]What sort of things did you register for there? I'd be apprehensive to buy something off of a Best Buy gift registry... but that depends on what is listed. If its stuff such as video games, I'd absolutely not purchase from it. But like a new TV or something you can share as a couple would be more appealing to me.
    Posted by Kokes28[/QUOTE]

Some couples might enjoy gaming together.  H and I registered for a Wii when we married; it was our one kind of "out there" gift that we never expected to receive.  Three friends went in together to get it for us, and we have played it with other couples after hosting dinner, all four of us together.

Anyway, OP, can you verify that Best Buy actually offers a registry?  I think it's probably fine to register for a few items there, however, I would be sure to register for a plethora of more traditional -and 'necessary'- items (kitchenware, China, bedding and towels, etc.) in addition to electronics and games. Many of your guests will likely prefer to purchase more traditional items for your home.
  • I wondered if Besty Buy had a registry.  I'd love to register for electronics :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Best Buy has a lot of things that would be appropriate wedding gifts, though they aren't necessarily the most known for it, they have a whole section of home appliances.  You can get vacuum cleaners, some furniture, microwaves, all sorts of things a newly married couple could need.

It looks like they don't have a specific registry perse.  But they have wish lists, which I'd think you should be able to link to your wedding website.  The only hitch with that is the wish lists don't update if someone buys off them, so you run a bigger risk of duplicate gifts.  The wish lists can have both your names on them, and can be disgnated for an event, so if you can't find a way to link to the wish list directly you can always link to the best buy website specifying to "Look up our wish list under (your name and his name)"

I'm not sure how the knot websites work, though, my website is on another site and it makes it pretty easy to link to random registries.

~Katy
  • Thanks all! For those who were curious, they don't have a registry, but a "wish list" which is pretty much the same thing. And yeah, we're looking at TVs and major appliances (oven, fridge, washer, dryer, etc), not video games. Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards