April 2013 Weddings

Vent!

I am really frustrated with my mother! I found a necklace that I kind of like and she was like ooohhh I like it, but Im not sure how it will look with your dress. I was like what do you mean?!?! it has all the elements of my belt in it..she like why do you always get snippy with me..I said bc I feel like everything I show or ask your opinion on you always make me second guess.... I even felt this way when I asked her opionion on flowers...It came down to the point where I stopped asking her for her opinion on fllowers and went to the appointment by myself bc of the way she makes me re- think and become confused about my choices... I think the whole flower thing came from her lack of knowledge on the type of flowers, but she has seen me in my dress twice already, even to the point of where we were  able to get detail pics of the dress and the belt... I don't know if its because its modern, and a "statement" necklace and she is old fashioned and does not get my vision...but I am so annoyed right now..... its not like i said this is the necklace im getting, im just researching.... i said i like this necklace....and her responses are never like ooh i like that idea, i feel like theres always a comment after that makes me confused and annoyed with her answer...anyone else ever feel this way?!?!

Here is the necklace that I like:
http://www.dillards.com/product/Anna-Ava-Beaded-Statement-Necklace_301_-1_301_503055854

here is my dress:
http://www.alfredangelo.com/collections/styles/214
148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
RSVP Deadline: March 8
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Vent!

• Is your mom paying for anything? If not her opinion isn't necessary, bounce ideas off someone more supportive or your FI. The necklace is really nice and would look great with your dress. Big modern jewelery isn't going to appeal to everyone, especially someone who favors a more traditional or dainty look.
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards