Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Guest Perspective on DJ Alternatives

I have never been to an IPOD wedding. I was wondering for those who have been-what things they did or did not like about that kind of reception. I have researched it as an alternative to a DJ. 

Re: Guest Perspective on DJ Alternatives

• Options
    I liked that there wasn't a stranger talking so much at my friends' weddings. I liked that the couple could tell me stories about selecting the music.

There haven't been any volume issues with no-DJ weddings I've attended. I'm terrified that the music will be too soft or too loud if a professional isn't in charge for my wedding, but my friends didn't have issues.

There have been a couple sound-system set-up issues. They're annoying, but I don't blame the couple. Even professionals sometimes have equipment trouble.
  • Options
    The wedding that I attended was a split between the groom's brother's polka band and the IPOD.  They were on a very tight budget and the bride wanted some music other than polka.  Unfortunately the hall was not set up to handle an IPOD so they ended up hooking the IPOD up to a personal stereo and putting the microphone next to the speakers.  It was very hard to hear, but other than that, she did not have issues with the playlist.  I was one of her personal attendants and part of our responsibility was announcing the wedding party and bouquet toss, etc.  Just keep in mind that you'll need to have someone organize those activities if you plan on doing them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards