Oregon

Centerpieces

We're doing two different centerpieces, half will have tall 20" cylinder vases with submerged purple tulips in them. I would do this for all of them, but I'm borrowing the vases from a friend and she only has 11. So the other half we're doing 10" round lily bowls. We bought purple submersible lights for the bottom, which we're covering with clearish rock stuff. Here's my struggle - which flowers do I float on top? We want white/natural, because of the purple light.

Option 1: http://www.save-on-crafts.com/solarose.html

Option 2: http://www.save-on-crafts.com/violetorchids.html

I would just order both, but they've been out of stock of one or the other for the last few months. UGH! This is such a stupid issue to be driving myself nuts with, but there you go.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Centerpieces

• DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that's a hard one!  My first thought was "white roses" but I don't really like the ones you posted (sorry).  If you got real white roses that were nice and open (or even fake that were nice and open!) then I'd vote for that because I like the idea of the white against the purple lights and contrasting the other centerpieces.
  • edited December 2011
    We can't do fresh, we have some family with serious allergies. :(The only real flowers will be the bouquets and the submerged tulips. Anything out in the open will set some people off.

I wonder if I could find preserved roses, like the orchids...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sarahmarietmsarahmarietm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love those orchids! I think it would really mesh well with the tulips. :)
    Photobucket
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They have them, but they are significantly more expensive than the orchids (12 for $18 or 12 fo $19 is the best I've found so far).  In which case, I say go with the orchids - no need to break the bank over something that is only used for one day!
  • felkelsfelkels member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Orchids
  • edited December 2011
    I like the orchids but since you were wanting white or natural, I'd find them in that IF at all possible. If not, the purple ones will completely work and look amazing! I like the idea of the purple submerged lights - very, very cool!
  • edited December 2011

I really love the orchids.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
  • tbhillstbhills member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_centerpieces?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:61a1c812-4f8a-4264-bdf2-a570a16e6191Post:9a0c2961-13c7-460f-85f4-967a39550351">Re: Centerpieces</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, that's a hard one!  My first thought was "white roses" but I don't really like the ones you posted (sorry).  If you got real white roses that were nice and open (or even fake that were nice and open!) then I'd vote for that because I like the idea of the white against the purple lights and contrasting the other centerpieces.
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]

I agree about the white roses.  If you could find something that looks better I think they would be wonderful.  I love the idea of having them floating above the colored light.

By the way that website is great. 
  • edited December 2011
    the orchids are really pretty.  i think with the purple light it would really accent the stripes in them
  • edited December 2011

I really like the Orchids also there really pretty and with the lights it will make for a great centerpiece!!

Visit The Nest! Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards