Canada-Ontario

Wedding Invite Contents

Hi Ladies - 

I have never actually seen a wedding invitation, as we are the first of our friends to get married. 

I know you include the invite with the time, location, etc, and a response card. What else do people include in these invites?

Re: Wedding Invite Contents

• naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited October 2012
    We had:
    - main invitation panel (our names, parents' names, date, time, location) adhered to the pocketfold
    - map/directions card
    - RSVP card (with food preference/allergies section, this got mailed back to us) with stamped and self-addressed return envelope
    - Sunday brunch invitation that was sent just to family/WP.

You might also consider putting in hotel information (if you block off rooms) with rates and/or dates they need to book by; this could be merged with the map/directions.

We used pocketfolds from www.papercircle.ca and put all the loose cards in there.
  • we went minimal! we had our invitation (our names, parents, date, date and location of ceremony, time and location of reception). We had an rsvp card- but that just told people to rsvp on our website. we used momentville.com and created a wedding website that had our wedding party info, more info about us, maps and directions, and hotel information. for an extra $20 approx we also set it up so the website manages our rsvp- was easier for me! and also paid extra to personalise our wedding domain (ie. www.yourname.com). i highly recommend it!
  • I second murlene's motion - just had the invitation, an RSVP card to either call me or RSVP on our website (we used Wedding Wire - it was free for everything including RSVPs.), a card with the hotel information and directions.  I just put everything in one envelope but I did have an inner and outer envelope.  Made everything myself.  :)  Cost me about $2.00 per invitation - that's including postage.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_wedding-invite-contents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:613Discussion:5a22a09f-8767-4b21-a406-c493cf26608fPost:dafd7268-0f92-44d7-a3e2-319bff315d4d">Re: Wedding Invite Contents</a>:
    [QUOTE]I second murlene's motion - just had the invitation, an RSVP card to either call me or RSVP on our website (we used Wedding Wire - it was free for everything including RSVPs.), a card with the hotel information and directions.  I just put everything in one envelope but I did have an inner and outer envelope.  Made everything myself.  :)  Cost me about $2.00 per invitation - that's including postage.
    Posted by Jewel224[/QUOTE]

Jewel, how did you keep the costs so low (incl postage) with an inner and outer envelope? Did you DIY your inner envelope?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards