Hawaii

Sign-in/ guestbooks

What did y'all use, or what are you thinking about? 

Right now, our top contenders are having our guests autograph a basketball (how we met) or printing a canvas of our save-the-date photo & having them sign that.  Neither is easy to write messages, though..

Re: Sign-in/ guestbooks

• cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did the blurb guestbook/photobook.... first few pages I did a couple baby pics and photo's growing up and the rest of the book is our engagment photo shots.
    451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • fabutanfabutan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haven't decided yet.  I like the idea of the basketball!  I love it when there's something personal related to your history together.  :)  Other creative ideas I was thinking about was signing a mini surfboard or having guests sign Hawaiian postcards.  The possibilities are endless!  :)
  • McBeagsMcBeags member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ordered a personalized plate. Your guests sign it and then you bake the plate have them permanently on the plate.
  • edited December 2011
    So true on the endless possibilities.  This is one that is SO adorably creative.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/64952563/
  • TashaK24TashaK24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I so love the guest tree idea!!!  How can I convince my fiance it's not just "a load of fingerprints on a picture of a tree" though, as he put it? :P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been collecting vintage Hawaiian post cards. We are going to have them pre-addressed to us, stamped and available at the reception for our friends and family to fill to us instead of an actual guest book.  Then my mom will put them in the mail for us the following Monday to be waiting for us at home to read when we get back from our honeymoon. That way they will also have a Hawaii postmark on them.

Tanq- You are right about both of those sounding hard to sign.  I also wonder about getting them to and/or from the island.
  • maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_sign-guestbooks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:99b1fe00-96d2-4d59-9a4d-7a0ac0c2cd94Post:79d961e1-ddea-4d13-9fab-7fa57541e441">Sign-in/ guestbooks</a>:
    [QUOTE]What did y'all use, or what are you thinking about?  Right now, our top contenders are having our guests autograph a basketball (how we met) or printing a canvas of our save-the-date photo & having them sign that.  Neither is easy to write messages, though..
    Posted by Tanq&Tonic[/QUOTE]

I was planning on doing the same as Kimmy..with the postcards as it is also inline with out STD postcard.  Instead we will be doing an electronic guest book...we will have one of our videographers go around to each guest and ask them to say a few words to us.  J. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards