Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Just Engaged!!

My fiance and I just became engaged 2/12. I have dreamt about the day I would become engaged and begin planning my wedding but now that I am, I feel like now what?? What are some of the first things I should start doing?? My fiance and I purchased a notebook where we can start keeping track of all of our planning. I just want to do everything right... any help??

Re: Just Engaged!!

• Options
    Congrats! We started with venue, then set a number for the guest list and did a rough draft with my mom and his parents. Then it's a whole lot of waiting! Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you :) Yeah I was looking over the break down of to dos on the site, think I am going to follow along with that somewhat... so excited!!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_just-engaged-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:8cf6c526-403a-440d-8ca0-a3ea3828fdbePost:5efd104d-f09f-4037-9f10-7025f856eadd">Re: Just Engaged!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats! We started with venue, then set a number for the guest list and did a rough draft with my mom and his parents. Then it's a whole lot of waiting! Good luck!
    Posted by LisaA2014[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Definitely figure out a budget. What can you and your FI afford to spend if you don't get any contributions from your families. Anything they offer later can be considered a bonus. That's how FI and I approached our budget and it's really helped keep us on track. Congrats on your engagement!
  • Options
    Talk about the kind of wedding you both envision, determine a budget, and create a potential guest list. Then find a venue that meets your needs. Congrats and happy planning!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Thank you everyone!!
  • Options
    Congrats! Pick a date and build on that :)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards