Maryland
Options

Wedding Venue fairly cheap

My fiance and I are both  from harford county and currently live in texas now and have for 4 years. We will be having our wedding in MD so I am trying to look into wedding venues that arent insanely expensive becuse we will be paying for it by ourselves, We are planning to get married around the same time my sister graduates which should be late May or early June 2013 due to the fact that we have family spread out everywhere and most will be in town for her graduation events, I need a place that has an outdoor space for the ceremony & possibly a indoor space as well. Since I dont live in MD it has been hard to try to find venues we will be making a trip this May to look at places. I would like the venues maybe to be water front in harford,cecil,or baltimore county. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. My idea may seem pretty specific but i'm completely open to suggestions! 
THANKS!

Re: Wedding Venue fairly cheap

• Options
    Have you discussed this with your sister? She may take it as you stealing her thunder.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    On top of those listed above, if you really want to go the inexpensive route, you can put it all together and I bet you can get a whole wedding in under 10k at Holleyneck Gardens.  I recommend KS Catering for anyone on a budget and wants good food for any venue that allows outside catering.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Hebron House in Ellicott City has a beautiful outside ampitheatre for weddings! I will be getting married there this summer. The indoor space may be a little tight depending on how many guests you have but outdoor is wide open! Happy planning!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland_wedding-venue-fairly-cheap?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:627Discussion:21e691b9-0205-4fb2-acd4-d6d5b6e1c235Post:cc609231-64d9-456e-a9c2-d7c1933f0e05">Re: Wedding Venue fairly cheap</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not positive all of these are right on the water or fit what you need exactly, but its a starting point. Harford County - Swan Harbor Farms, Concord Lighthouse in Havre de Grace, Steppingstone Museum, Lantern Queen river cruises, La Banque de Fleuve, Maritime Museum, definitely not on water- Fiore Winery, Liriodendron Mansion Cecil Co - North East Yacht Club, The Wellwood, Elk Neck State Park Baltimore Co - Padonia Park Swim Club and a ton of waterfront parks Annapolis, Pasadena, St. Michaels, etc. are probably the biggest areas for waterfront venues. The most affordable one I know of in that area is Kurtz Beach.
    Posted by lovethebeach16[/QUOTE]
     Okay thanks a bunch I'm going to look more into fiore!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland_wedding-venue-fairly-cheap?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:627Discussion:21e691b9-0205-4fb2-acd4-d6d5b6e1c235Post:b744b493-e09e-475c-9d67-83a002ada25d">Re: Wedding Venue fairly cheap</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you discussed this with your sister? She may take it as you stealing her thunder.
    Posted by msuprincess04[/QUOTE]
     yes I have I would never do that without asking she is fine with it and is very excited!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland_wedding-venue-fairly-cheap?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:627Discussion:21e691b9-0205-4fb2-acd4-d6d5b6e1c235Post:db5d72bf-9650-434d-be3e-371c80772b67">Re: Wedding Venue fairly cheap</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hebron House in Ellicott City has a beautiful outside ampitheatre for weddings! I will be getting married there this summer. The indoor space may be a little tight depending on how many guests you have but outdoor is wide open! Happy planning!
    Posted by jacol13[/QUOTE]
    okay thank you! this looks like it might be a good thing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards