Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Downtown Dallas Wedding

I'm looking for a downtown dallas venue for about 75 people, most of which will be coming in from out of town.  I wanted a fun area since so many people will be flying in for the wedding, but I'd also like to keep my food + alcohol + venue + services + tax cost at around $7000.  Any suggestions??  It seems like so many places have minimums + rental fees that put me over that amount even before taxes and services fees.

Re: Downtown Dallas Wedding

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure of the costs, but Avanti at Fountain Place might be good for your guest list.

http://www.avantispecialevents.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Avanti is actually my front runner right now... I think the minimums + rental fees before taxes and services fees come to about $7K.  I was wondering if there might be some hotel options or other interesting places though because I've heard Avanti is very tight if you have over 50 people.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_downtown-dallas-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:dab47993-d080-4f67-8eca-ce6806695e31Post:936ba769-968f-491d-b2c2-3dc3dcc3e9a7">Re: Downtown Dallas Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Avanti is actually my front runner right now... I think the minimums + rental fees before taxes and services fees come to about $7K.  I was wondering if there might be some hotel options or other interesting places though because I've heard Avanti is very tight if you have over 50 people.
    Posted by johanna27[/QUOTE]
    Oh, Ok, I thought the max was more like 75.  Most hotels will have minimums higher than $7K for a Saturday.  My boss had a small hotel wedding (at the Stoneleigh) and negotiated the price down from their minimum--it might be worth a shot.  There is a Knottie getting married at The Magnolia--maybe she will chime in.
  • edited December 2011
    Try the Magnolia, if you are open to a Friday or Sunday - minimum is $9000++ on a Saturday (without room fees, mine were waived)
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • edited December 2011
    Try Hotel Indigo. My cousin rented a room to have her wedding ceremony there and it was $150. This was in November 2010. But her guest count was 60 people.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  I'll see where negotiating a little can get me. :)
  • msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You may want to look at Level 2.  I remember it being affordable, very nice looking, and it is in downtown.  Unfortunately it was a bit to small for our wedding, but should be great for 75 people.
    Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_downtown-dallas-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:dab47993-d080-4f67-8eca-ce6806695e31Post:91a2757b-a616-4f65-8eef-fdc4396b8074">Re: Downtown Dallas Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try Hotel Indigo. My cousin rented a room to have her wedding ceremony there and it was $150. This was in November 2010. But her guest count was 60 people.
    Posted by ScarletandDavid[/QUOTE]

I second Hotel Indigo. We had our rehearsal dinner there and it was great. We only had 35 people, but even with 75 it would not be that expensive. I think with a sit-down dinner and wine my inlaws spent $1200 including all the fees. This was in 2009, but I would still check it out!
    baby joel 5.22.11
  • dianappdianapp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The City Club  69th floor of bank of american building their min food and veb is $6,000.00 for a saturday and the view is amazing!!
  • Tia_ChicaTia_Chica member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Aloft Hotel in Downtown Dallas. It's a modern and fun look. Let me know if you would like for me to send you the prices.

www.aloftdallas.com
  • edited December 2011
    We got married at the Starlight Room in Dallas, in the West End.  We had a negotiated hotel rate for our out of towners at the Springhill Suites by Marriott (walking distance, 1 block from the venue) and had our rehearsal dinner at a restaurant nearby (also within walking distance).

There's a bunch of stuff to do for visitors, bars, 6th floor museum, the Dallas Aquarium, etc. and our guests loved how easy it was to get around.

If you call the Starlight Room, tell 'em lauren and Ross sent you - might help with the pricing.  The food was freaking amazing - people are still raving about it 2 yrs later!

Enjoy!
    lauren
    Married 5/31/09
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards