Illinois-Chicago

Chicagoland Vendor Reviews 5/1/10

I'm not sure how often people do this, but I thought I would.

Ceremony Site: Naper Settlement (Naperville): Beautiful and perfect! Absolutely nothing went wrong. I would recommend this space in a heartbeat. 

Reception Site: Prairie Landing Golf Club (W. Chicago): Also almost perfect. Everything in the reception was set up beautiful. The bartender was great, all the servers were wonderful. We did get slightly the wrong dinner choice (No boursin on the boursin filet, just a filet) but hardly anyone noticed and the food was still fantastic.

Officiant: Anita Vaughan: Anita was the best thing we found. After going through two other officiants and then having to find another one, we were meant to find her. She made our ceremony so personal and really listened to what we were looking for.

Ceremony Music: Chilcalba Bagpiping (Luke): Luke was amazing! Dressed to the T and played beautifully. The piping was not too loud, but just enough to really feel it. 

Photography: Visual Image Photography (Milwaukee): DH's uncles company. The owner came down to shoot our wedding and did a great job! Very friendly and comfortable to be around. He got all the shots we talked about and more. They also have a studio in Wheeling.

Flowers: Phillip's Flowers in Downers Grove: Pat, the manager was amazing. The flowers were more perfect than I could imagine. They were exactly what I was trying to express!

DJ: An Enchanted Evening (Schaumburg): The DJ was ok. He did all the announcements perfectly, had all the right songs for entering and first dances and such. But did not listen during the final phone interview about what kind of music we wanted playing at the reception. It was very not us and there ended up not being as much dancing as I thought. They were very affordable, did not ruin the wedding, but it's the one thing I am disappointed about.
~Erin~
proud pagan
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Chicagoland Vendor Reviews 5/1/10

• moviefreak00moviefreak00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for taking the time to put out vendor reviews, I appreciate it!!  :)
  • Sparkette19Sparkette19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked An Enchanted Evening for our wedding on June 25th. I'm getting a bit nervous b/c they have been disappointing with their communication with us. I'm worried about them not getting everything right. Who was your DJ?
    When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I'm Sorry about the delay, I hope you still find this post.

Our DJ was the owner, I believe, Mike Urban. We had trouble with communication as well with him. I would have to call multiple times to get questions answered. 

One thing I did was got all the names and songs right that we picked. Their equipment worked fine, I would just make sure they know what music you don't want played at your reception.
    ~Erin~
    proud pagan
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards