Chit Chat

color trouble....

Hello everyone...

I have been going through and trying to choose th colors for my wedding. I really want red to be my main color, but I am having a hard time thinking of a color that I really like with it. I really like the idea of red and brown. A few people have told me that those are not really summer weddings. I am getting married August 27th so it is the end of the summer and I would use more of a fun red. I was thinking apple red. Also, i found a website that has brown roses and they are really neat. Would these colors work for an end of summer wedding? If not, what are some other suggestions that you could give me? Thanks!
image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: color trouble....

• You don't have to match your colors to the season, but I have a hard time picturing brown roses.  The only brown roses I've seen are dead ones.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • colors don't have seasons.  That's just silly.  If you like red, use red.  If you like red and brown, use red and brown.  At church this morning, there were gorgeous flowers that were red and deep purple.  It was stunning.

But use the colors you love.  Who cares what season it is?
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • If you need help with color, I suggest you visit, www.dessy.com/pantone. Go over to Pantone Wedding, then scroll down to get inspired. Hope this helps!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_color-trouble?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:e318d72f-3cc6-40c9-87c9-caab1e3d8208Post:d6270a99-6bfc-413a-8016-e0fff97561ef">Re: color trouble....</a>:
    [QUOTE]The only brown roses I've seen are dead ones.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.
  • I did red, brown, and turquoise for a spring wedding and it turned out fine.  My flowers were red and white.  You could look into chocolate cosmos, too.  Not sure if I've seen brown roses.  My bios have pictures if you want to see how the color scheme turned out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • Thanks everyone!!! And i had never seen brown roses before either until I was looking through flowers to try and find flowers to go with brown. These roses were a cream color at the base and then they turn into a chocolate brown at the tips.They were pretty neat!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i agree! everyone kept telling me that my colors were too dark for a summer wedding (purple & lavender) and i politely said that these are the colors we are sticking with...thanks lol. but stick to what you want you dont have to match seasons...thats just plain silly
  • I am doing red in two months (yay!) and I am the same as you. I hate burgundy red so I went with the fire engine red! I am pairing it with silver. My finance picked out grey tuxedos which I love! Silver is a great neutral and I think the two colors would be great for summer, saturated with the red, but light with the silver.  Also another color to consider is robin egg blue, it looks so cute! If I had to do it all over again I would pair these two together. Check this out:

http://weddings.theknot.com/Real-Weddings/58214/view.aspx?id=58214&type=1&count=14&copos=9 

It's a 50's theme shower that TheKnot covered but it shows how adorable the colors are together.

Good Luck!
  • Ditto the people that said the colors don't have to match the seasons.

I think brown with red and purple accents would be gorgeous.

I also think the brown roses could look dead/dying, so be careful of that!

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards