Gay Weddings

DC venues for SMALL ceremony

hello everyone!

my partner and I will be getting married in September.  we are looking for ideas of where to hold our extremely small ceremony - there will be 8 people total, including our officiant and our photographer.  we're considering the Mall area and have looked at Jefferson and George Mason Memorial.  just wondering if anyone out there has any other ideas - somewhere beautiful and intimate, but simple enough for our party of just 8.  it's not as easy as you'd think to be married outside in the District - the Park Service has lots of rules and off limits areas.  i'm hoping someone here may have a special "scoop".  we live in Baltimore, so we're not too far - and will be staying the night before the big day near Old Town Alexandria - but, to be official, the ceremony has to be in DC, as I'm sure you guys already know.  any advice is appreciated!

chelsea

Re: DC venues for SMALL ceremony

• roandkatroandkat member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Actually Chelsea,
    I'm in the same boat as you. My fiancee and I are also getting married in September. However, my best friend's landlords who live in Old Town/Alexandria area just got married to each other in DC last Saturday after 30 years of being partners. I'll ask her where they had their ceremony because their wedding was really tiny...only close friends and family. So as soon as she lets me know I'll write back
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might want to do the ceremony at one of the places you mention, and then have your reception in the private dining room of a restaurant.  That way, the only charge for the reception would be the cost of food people ate.  And at least at the reception, you wouldn't be facing as many restrictions as the Park Service would impose.
  • RR3134RR3134 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me and my Fiance are in the same boat, only difference is that we live in Delaware ; (... I am trying to do some research online but it's so difficult. Hopefully if you find some places, you can send them on over to us? ; ) We would greatly appreciate it.. We only have 25 guests in total.
  • annstrohmannstrohm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might want to look at the Tabard Inn.  It's a small hotel with some lovely private dining/event rooms you can rent.  Their food is also amazing.

• edited December 2011
    I am also interested in having my wedding on the mall, but the websites are nearly useless. I went to the website for the National Park Service, here is what I found. (Im interested in the Lincoln memorial!)

http://www.nps.gov/linc/contacts.htm

Hope this helps! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards