New Jersey

Where did you get your engagement pics taken?!

Hi Gals,

I need help, we got engaged in September and both sides are asking that we get engagement photos done - for newspaper announcements, save the dates, etc.

We have a photographer and have a sesssion booked with him next week, but we still don't know where to go to have the pictures taken. He has no studio and has suggested outside, perhaps in NYC.

Since tree and windows will be all holidayed up I do not want to go there, because I want my photos to be timelesss, and not all about Christmas.

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions of where in Jersey we could go for the pictures. We are both from here and would rather represent Jersey in our photos.

Thanks in advance!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Where did you get your engagement pics taken?!

• mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We went to Liberty State Park and Liberty Island. We took photos on both the island and during the ferry ride over there.

My other suggestion was Asbury Park, but since we both grew up in the LSP area (and also got engaged there) we liked the LSP idea better. Plus I think the photos with the NYC skyline and the Statue in the background turned out really neat.

I know a lot of girls here have gone to Central Park or the meatpacking district in NYC.
  • Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are a lot of places that don't have christmas trees and holiday windows. You can find tons of places in central park or as PP suggested some great old buildings in meatpacking district. You can also take photos by the water near the pears or in the riverside park area.
  • uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where are you from?  Is there anywhere that is special to you and your fiance? 
  • edited December 2011
    We did our pictures in Kingland Manor in Lyndhurst
  • uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah, and there are a ton of places in the city that don't get all dolled up for Christmas.  I don't think I've seen a single decoration in my neighborhood (West Village) yet, and even though I'm sure the stores will be decorated soon, there are tons of pretty streets without storefronts to decorate.  You could do Meatpacking/West Village and then take pictures at Hudson River Park of you guys in front of the Hoboken/JC skyline as a tribute to NJ. 
  • edited December 2011

We did ours along the waterfront in port imperial and on the ferry that goes into midtown.

• DS0305DS0305 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did ours at Verona Park in Verona.  There's a lot of nice locations for pictures.  There's also a huge lake in the middle of the park and some bridges over the lake which make nice photo ops.
  • edited December 2011
    I am biased, we did Central Park and West Village (where we live now) and loved my photos. I have pics in my bio.
  • alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    they won't be timless if they are engagement pictures, considering that is marking a point in your life that will forever be that time... but if you don't want it to look christmasy or engagementy, then don't go with the norm and just have some nice fun normal pictures of you & FI taken outside, anywhere, parks, streets, your backyard.  it doesn't matter.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls, now I have lots of good ideas!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards