Wedding Party

videographer poll

More of just a question really, but what do you look for in a videographer? 
What would be your advice?
Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
My Planning Bio
My Married Bio updated March 4

Re: videographer poll

• Affordability and quality of service would be high on my lists of musts.  I think right now in our economic climate, a videographer is a luxury a lot of people will pass on. 

I also think that getting her name "out there" helps tremendously.  A blog, a twitter account, posting on other bridal sites that allow vendors, Craigslist, Yelp!, etc.  Get herself on the radar for other brides. 

Even if services aren't discounted, I would give the appearance that they are.  This goes a long way.  More than anything, keep doing a great job and word of mouth will spread.
  • Are there any bridal shows in her area?  Maybe even craft shows or farmers markets.  She does not have to do just weddings, she can do kid birthday parties, school events, or any other social activities. Testimonials and videos playing can maybe sell a few packages at that time.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • CA, she lives in central cal....if you're ever interested...lol
    My Planning Bio
  • She should advertise to the schools for grad night.  I bet she could charge her base fee, then sell the videos to the kids for, idk, $20-30? a piece.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Oh wow, I never even thought about that. The good thing about her services is that she and my uncle both have a camera. So you get 2 angles. They did our wedding video as a gift. I wasn't even planning on having a videographer to be honest until they offered. I am sure she appreciates all the advice given.

And PS, this is in NO WAY a vendor post. I had to edit my post on E because I said it was my aunt.
    My Planning Bio
  • Honestly, I didn't really care. I wanted someone to show up, stay out of the way, and I wanted footage of my film. I wanted it edited a little bit so it wasn't just raw footage. It didn't need to look like a movie to me, or be artistic, that's what I shelled out $$ for in the photographer... I just wanted to have the footage to watch again down the road/show my kids. Price was also big.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_videographer-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:95cf720b-6fdf-4b84-9fcb-2131b260486aPost:59949e2e-8e79-4c6d-aed2-15e1a1e16259">Re: videographer poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh wow, I never even thought about that. The good thing about her services is that she and my uncle both have a camera. So you get 2 angles. They did our wedding video as a gift. I wasn't even planning on having a videographer to be honest until they offered. I am sure she appreciates all the advice given. And <strong>PS, this is in NO WAY a vendor post. I had to edit my post on E because I said it was my aunt.
    </strong>Posted by stina93446[/QUOTE]

::eye roll:: Oh honestly.  Big deal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards