Washington-Seattle
Options

flowers? PIP

so I think I found some flowers that I like. I found some at sam's club and the other at costco. I wanted to use local flowers but I realized that running around to pick them up in mt vernon the day before my wedding would stress me out... so back to square one...

well I really want hydrangea and FI likes 'the ones that look like a wine glass' flower, calla lillies. it seems like we won't need any more than 10 centerpieces, 6 bouquets and some corsages/boutineers.

SO, on to the question. these bouquets come 8 in a pack, I was thinking i'd get two packs of the 8 bouquets, to make 6 bouquets and 10 centerpieces. (we'll be using only some of the flowers in the the pics in the bm bouquets. :)

Then I was thinking of buying this, too:

it has 40 calla lillies and 20 hydrangea. I'll use it for centerpieces/decor as well.

That should be enough flowers right??

I will also be purchasing some blue/green flowers for my bouquet but for the most part, this will be it. WDYT??
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!

Re: flowers? PIP

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you may need more of the 8 bunch.  Esp since you will only be picking and choosing for your bbouquets.  Also, what about blue/green hydrangea. its in season right now and would TOTALLY match your colors, it would be nice to accent. I LOVE the all white calla lilly for your bouquet.  Or if you want a cheaper option, get a bunch of a green filler plant.  otherwise, I think your BM's will be a little on the smaller side (unless thats what you want(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Calla lily's are my all time favorite flower!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Kahala, plus I would want to have about 10% more flowers than I think I need just in case a few are bruised/dying, etc.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting 2 of the packs of 8 bouquets. My bm bouquets are going to be all white. :) I read the reviews and people said they bought them and there were TONS of leftovers.So thats why I'm worried about getting more... I only need 10 centerpieces so even with one of the bouquets and two of the hydrangea from the other pack, they will be as big or bigger than what i originally planned to do..

i'll be getting green hydrangea for my bouquet. :)
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'd still be worried about not enough flowers...if they are within budget, i'd get another set..
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    alyssa324alyssa324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think that will be enough flowers but if it is in budget get extra you can always use extra flowers :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You know, I really don't like calla lilies, but I think with this combo, they look great!  I think that bouquet is perfect for the feel of your wedding.  You are planning to order TWO of the 8-packs, and the pack of 40 calla/20 hydrangea?  I think that should be enough, especially if you're getting a little bit of other extras for yours.  Good scouting, Twin!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you twin!!!! :) that is what I wanted to hear. And yes, two packs of the 8 bouquets so 16 in total. :) and I'll be getting some green/blue hydrangea and green callas for mine. :) i'm excited, i think its gonna be perfect!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ps, i don't love calla lillies either.. i usually think they're tacky when it comes to weddings. :) but i like them in this arrangement too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards