Snarky Brides
Options

Teen Mom? (Spoilers)

Is anyone watching Teen Mom? I can't believe this girl just took the baby back!  I feel so bad for the adoptive parents.  Plus she is acting like an idiot like "OMG babies poop?!" She is driving me crazy.

Re: Teen Mom? (Spoilers)

• Options
    I'm watching.

The baby pooped! What do I do?
  • Options
    Darn you other time zones! Its not on for another 2 hours for me. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic "Do not seek the because; in love there is no because, no reason, no explanation, no solutions."
  • Options
    I'm watching it. That's a heart wrenching decision either way, so I can understand being young and immature and not knowing what to do
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_teen-mom-spoilers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:53036263-29f5-4658-aca8-4468e72f292cPost:7e13dd10-48a6-4655-9e8f-5f4e0747bb8d">Re: Teen Mom? (Spoilers)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm watching it. That's a heart wrenching decision either way, so I can understand being young and immature and not knowing what to do
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

I agree with this but if you are mature enough to have sex you need to be mature enough to deal with the consequences.  I can't imagine being in her situation at 16 but having a "trial period" with your baby is ridiculous!  Make a decision!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_teen-mom-spoilers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:53036263-29f5-4658-aca8-4468e72f292cPost:7e13dd10-48a6-4655-9e8f-5f4e0747bb8d">Re: Teen Mom? (Spoilers)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm watching it. That's a heart wrenching decision either way, so I can understand being young and immature and not knowing what to do
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

You and your empathy. :P
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_teen-mom-spoilers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:53036263-29f5-4658-aca8-4468e72f292cPost:58900769-2ac6-4d7e-8e8b-277388fe3445">Re: Teen Mom? (Spoilers)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Teen Mom? (Spoilers) : I agree with this but if you are mature enough to have sex you need to be mature enough to deal with the consequences.  I can't imagine being in her situation at 16 but having a "trial period" with your baby is ridiculous!  Make a decision!
    Posted by brilibby4[/QUOTE]

<div>But that's the whole issue. You only have to be physically mature to have sex and sexual urges, not mentally mature. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_teen-mom-spoilers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:53036263-29f5-4658-aca8-4468e72f292cPost:7ade0c1a-28ab-4906-aa1f-089c628a0fa0">Re: Teen Mom? (Spoilers)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Teen Mom? (Spoilers) : You and your empathy. :P
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]
     I know, right?
  • Options
    I feel terrible for the aunt and uncle though. They are totally at her mercy. (Okay, not the best phrase buy ykwim).
  • Options
    I know what you mean, Jas, its its hard on them to be jerked around. However, in the long run it will be good for all of them. 
  • Options
    FWIW, I know someone who adopted their sister's kid. It was hard at first, but it turned out best for everyone involved. 
  • Options
    I think she made the right choice.

Was it just me, or were there fewer teens that made you go WTF this season?
  • Options
    UGH Can't imagine. I can't watch that show. Had Yasmine when I was 18 and had planned to give her up for adoption until I was 8 months pregnant. It was a hard choice but I decided to keep her and have never regretted it. Luckily I hadn't gone as far as to pick a family or anything yet but I had spoken and met with an agency.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I got that too, Jas, but wait until the new Teen Mom series comes out. One chick's mom is trying for custody. Its just bad.

Amusing, I can understand why it would be hard for you to watch, because you know exactly what is going through their minds. I Know I wouldn't ever want to be faced with such a difficult choice. 
  • Options
    I agree that this season seemed more low key...but the new Teen Mom looks crazy.

AB wow I cannot imagine going through that.  I admire you for your strength and I totally don't blame you for avoiding the show...I would too.

• Options
    Oh I will be watching the new season of Teen Mom.
  • Options
    Any age moms would have a hard time. My FMIL has two adopted kids, but they were not the only kids she was "promised" My FI was her first fully adopted, but it was after years of going through the process. She said she didnt blame the biological mom for wanting exactly what she wanted, the baby. My hubbys bio mom was in her late 20's and had a older son. she almost didnt go through with it but since he ended up being WAY early (3 months early) she couldnt afford to take care of him and her older son. I guess i have sympathy to both sides especially having 2 of my own. I dont know how i could give them up once I saw them, but applaud those who found strength them to see their circumstances and want better for their babies.
  • Options
    I watched last night and I kind of felt bad for her.  She really didn't know what the right decision was and the baby's father was useless.  I did think it was crazy that she took the baby back for a little while but she had to be sure.  In that sense she's lucky the adoptive parents were family members and understood her issues.  I just hope she finds peace with her decision.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I really felt for her, too, but I felt for the aunt and uncle too.  I really hand it to the girls that have open adoptions.  I know I wouldn't be able to handle it and I'm twice their age. 
    White Knot Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I didn't understand why they didn't go with the agency to make the process done right. It was great for her that the baby is staying with in the family and she can visit and see the baby whenever she wants. But I don't think she saw that and only saw what she wanted and not what was good for the baby. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_teen-mom-spoilers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:53036263-29f5-4658-aca8-4468e72f292cPost:2ea8ed1a-ddca-44e2-a05e-2f0c3603f5e2">Re: Teen Mom? (Spoilers)</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I didn't understand why they didn't go with the agency to make the process done right.</strong> It was great for her that the baby is staying with in the family and she can visit and see the baby whenever she wants. But I don't think she saw that and only saw what she wanted and not what was good for the baby. 
    Posted by Nattie24[/QUOTE]

I agree.  They should have had a social worker helping them along the way.  I mean, I know it was great that the uncle and aunt took the baby in, but it was obviously so stressful.  She also didn't realize what would be expected of her (paperwork, etc.). 
    White Knot Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards