California-Los Angeles

nwr: fun bday dinner suggestions

ok, so we're going out for my dad's bday this weekend.  Any fun/neat/unique suggestions for a good meal that's not terribly overpriced in the LA/Ventura county area?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: nwr: fun bday dinner suggestions

• RoMy215RoMy215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depends what you mean by overpriced. =)

But here are a few ideas:

Valley
    Cafe Bizou - Sherman Oaks
    French
    Next Door - Studio City
    It's a wine/tapas bar attached to LaLoggia. Never been to the actual restaurant because there's so much at the bar. It can add up if you order a lot but it's really good for sharing. If you go--two things that aren't on the menu -- the sliders...I don't eat meat so I've never tried them but everyone I've gone with has and raves about them...and the pizza. It's actually really good.

Westside
    Stinking Rose - Beverly Hills
    everything garlic ... fun, interesting decor..and really not that unreasonable
    Pink Taco - Century City
    Mexican-ish. Fun..not too expensive although it CAN be a little loud.
    LaGrandeOrange - Santa Monica
    Variety...hip place on Main St
    C&O Trattoria Marina Del Rey / Venice
    Italian .. family style...try the garlic knots ...

Other
    Ok--not what you asked for, but here are a few places worth the drive/splurge

Dukes - Malibu
    Matties Tavern - Solvang

Good luck!! Hope these help. =)
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In the valley I like Great Greek.  It's on Ventura in Sherman Oaks.  They do Greek dancing during diner, it's a lot of fun.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    What kind of food does he like? I like Lola's on Fairfax, and they havea  great happy hour. Also Loteria on Hollywood Blvd.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    If he's much of an outdoorsman kind of guy, and likes a little more 'exotic' meats, the Saddle Peak Lodge in Malibu (just outside of of Agoura) is a fun place.

But with that place, if anyone in the party is averse to seeing mounted animal heads on the wall, it wouldn't be the place to go. It really does have the look and feel of an old hunting lodge.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards