Registry and Gift Forum

Macy's vs BBB

love Target, but I have also heard lots of mixed reviews about Target's wedding registry. To save myself from future trouble, I decided (I mean 'we' ;) to register at Macy's and BBB. The thing is, BBB has everything that Macy's has. I love the atmosphere at Macy's, plus the 5% back. I don't think Macy's is any more expensive than BBB, especially with Macy's card and coupson. Some people say they shop at BBB because of the 20%/ $10 off coupon, but Macy's has 15% off coupons as well.

Do I need to register for at least two places?

So what did you register at Macy's or at BBB? Where else did you register?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Macy's vs BBB

• We registered at Macy's, BBB, and Amazon.  We added Macy's because they had the dishes we wanted.  When I shop as a guest, I usually choose Macy's over BBB if I'm shipping the gift directly to the couple, since Macy's offers free shipping (over $99 I think), and Macy's has some great deals if you time it right--like buy one, get one free on $180 china place settings.  

You don't need to register at more than one place, but I would try to give your guests a little variety, especially if one story may be more convenient than the other.  One thing you might want to consider is that some guests may give you a gift card to the store where you registered, so think about where you want to have the credit.  We got through our BBB credit, but I feel like we ended up getting ourselves some random stuff, whereas with Macy's, we can also use it on clothes that we need.
  • We registered at Macys and Target, with most of our registry at Macy's.  There wasn't anything that we wanted that BBB had that Macy's didn't.  I think you have to kind of figure out what it is you want, and then go from there depending on where you can find those items.  I would say that 95% of our gifts came from Macys, and no one seemed to mind shopping essentially at one place.  Plus the rewards card at the end is awesome!!
    PersonalMilestone
    Anniversary
  • I agree, a lot of my friends are registered at both Macys and BBB. I also am torn whether to register at Macys or at Target, or all 3, but creating a very small one at Target. There are people that have had no trouble with the Target registry.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We registered for most stuff (appliances, kitchen stuff, towels) at BBB, but got nice stoneware, silverware, and bedding at Crate and Barrel.
  • I currently work partime (blessing and curse) so I had time to just go create my ideal registries at the different stores I was considering (for most I selected the option where only I could see them in case someone searched my name and found 7 registries, ha), and then I looked them over to see which registries were my favorites once I was actually done with each and deleted the registries I didn't like as much. For me that's what I have to do to get rid of the "what ifs..." that pop up while I'm doing something. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • We registered at Macy's and BBB. A lot of the items that we liked at BBB, Macy's also had, but after doing some research, we came to find that BBB's prices were better than Macy's. With Macy's, you basically had to wait for things to go on sale, and then they were the same price as BBB's everyday price. Plus with the 20% off coupon it just was an all around better deal for our guests, and they wouldn't have to wait for things to go on sale. Plus, BBB does not charge shipping for items on a registry, whereas Macy's you have to spend at least $50 to get free shipping, and I didn't want my guests to have to pay shipping. All that, coupled with the 20% off completion event, and I was much happier with our BBB registry than I was with our Macy's registery.

Also, after having an awful experience with Macy's in the store, I found comparable items at BBB and moved everything but the Fiestaware and the towels over to BBB.
  • I registered at BBB, Macy's and Target and was very happy with all 3.  I had absolutely no problems with Target.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We did Macys and BBB and then we realized that the china we registered for at Macy's was $55 cheaper at BBB.   Macys was having a sale and it was still cheaper at BBB.  Everythign except the nicer china (crystal stemware, i.e.) was cheaper at BBB, and the same exact brands.  We moved our whole registry.  

We're at BBB and Amazon for everything else.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_macys-vs-bbb-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:77cdaa68-d897-495a-add0-2afcb71b9934Post:8b9a3205-8e77-498f-a7a7-3551dc1e9eef">Re: Macy's vs BBB</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did Macys and BBB and then we realized that the china we registered for at Macy's was $55 cheaper at BBB.   <strong>Macys was having a sale and it was still cheaper at BBB.  Everythign except the nicer china (crystal stemware, i.e.) was cheaper at BBB, and the same exact brands.  We moved our whole registry</strong>.   We're at BBB and Amazon for everything else.  
    Posted by Pburke2010[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>we did the same there - there is only two items life on the Macy's registry because BBB doesn't care the formal silverware serving spoons. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards