Delaware

Belak's Flowers

Thanks ladies for all you advice!  I just mailed my check for my deposit for Belak's.  I am so excited!!!!  I know they are going to do a fantastic job!
September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Belak's Flowers

• JayElleJayCeeJayElleJayCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh good! I'm glad you went with them - I know nothing about them but I know that you liked them. Now that's one less thing to worry about! On to the next thing!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    That's great!  Barb was great to work with.
  • edited December 2011
    You made a great decision, now sit back and relax.  Don't worry at all, you put your flowers in great hands.  Barb will take care of you!

Hil, did Barb send you a little gift with your flowers?  She sent me a two pack of Tide to Go- probably because she knows me so very well :)
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She had a tide to go pack tied to the vase that my bouquet was in.

Oh, and it was so great to have the vases included.  All us girls were able to keep the vases in the box, put our bouquets away in the limo and then take then out again as needed.  Then we just handed the box off to the caterer and they set the vases out on the head table for us to use when we got in the reception.

• JayElleJayCeeJayElleJayCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awww... she gives you stain removers?? that's so thoughtful and i'm not even being sarcastic right now!! That is such an awesome thing to have on your wedding day! I may have to set up at appt with her considering that is still on my to do list! I was considering Bloomsberry who was recommended by someone I know. I honestly haven't given flowers much thought.. I need to get on the ball!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We considered Bloomsberry as well- my grandpa used to work for them, and he loved working there (it was his "retired" job).  We thought getting flowers from them would be a nice way to have him there (they did the flowers for free for his funeral in Feb 2008).  But they were REALLY expensive.  We just couldn't justify spending that much on flowers.  I can say, though, that if you are looking for something really different and whimsical, they are one of the places to look.

Like I have said before, Barb was one of my fave vendors to work with.  She made things so easy, every single time I called she was fine with whatever.  The best part was she LISTENED to me.  My mom went with me to the first meeting, and it was 3 hours long.  She noticed how I kept going back to a certain bouquet in the book without me saying anything, she worked with us to make things work for people in our BP (like our RB who has Autism), and she listened to me when I asked about who needed flowers- including my dad's GF, who my mom hates and didn't want to have anything.  She actually told my mom, hold on, let me hear what Britt has to say, and then told us both that if she was going to be in pics, she needed flowers, albiet simple ones.  She was honest with both of us, helpful, great price...I cannot rave about Belak's enough.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards