Illinois-Chicago

Tux Rental suggestions?

So we're starting to look for tuxes for the guys.  I was hoping some of you  might have suggestions on places you have rented from or any tips.  We'll probably scope out Men's Wearhouse first since there is one in our neighborhood.  We live in St. Charles but a chain would probably help since some of the guys are from out of town.  Suggestions or tips? Thanks!

Re: Tux Rental suggestions?

• MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're probably using Mens Warehouse cause our groomsmens are in a few different states. we went in there and saw their selection to see what we even liked. plus we are not getting vests and ties from them, just tuxes and shirts so that helps on costs. I say worth checking out!
  • KATERS882KATERS882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to use Men's Wearhouse.  It didn't matter to me.  I left it up to my fiancé since he is the one that has to wear it.  A couple of groomsmen are from out of state and they will be able to pick up their tuxes in the state they live if they want or pick them up here and they can return them to any store.  It doesn’t have to be the one they picked it up from.  My fiancé shops at the Mens Wearhouse Schaumburg store a lot.  He has a salesmen at the store that he is hoping that will help even though he doesn’t do the tux part.  My dad also works with  the same salesman too.  I guess it’s a guys thing!    We have gone in to talk to them already but we haven’t picked out the tuxes yet.  We will be picking on the tuxes at the end of January.
  • netgrl22netgrl22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Black Tie Formalwear in Schaumburg.  The prices were better than Men's Warehouse for similar styles.  The staff was helpful and we had no issues.  We also had at least 4 out of town people who submitted their measurements online or over the phone.  I would definitely recommend checking them out.
  • edited December 2011
    We went with Saavi in Niles, based on a few referrals. It is a family business, and they've been there for like 40 years! They really know their stuff, and were very helpful in the whole proccess.

nikiplanning.weebly.com
  • jbll326jbll326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we also used Black tie Formalwear and had a wonderful experience. We had originally signed up with MW, but we soon discovered that they charged significantly more for the same exact tux - they can get away with it because they are a national chain and there's the common misconception that it's easier for OOT GM.
    BTF gave us the same exact tux for $40 less per person, they gave us one more tux free than MW, and the RB's tux was only $60 compared to the full size price MW was charging. Nearly all of our GM were OOTers and not one had a single
    problem - you can submit your measurements online or over the phone.

I just want say, don't settle on MW just because you have OOT GM and you think it will be easier. See bio for more details in vendor review.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your suggestions!  We'll have to check them out. :)
  • edited December 2011
    I totally agree with jbll.  We also used Black Tie (we went to the one in Glen Ellyn) and they were wonderful!  They were kind enough to order a whole tux for DH to try on when we were looking at styles and stores.  It was so helpful to actually see the entire tux on him before we picked everything out.  None of the other tux shops would do that for us.  They are less expensive and was very easy for OOT guests (we had 4 of the 6 OOT) and there were no corrections needed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards