Students

What did you/are you wearing to graduation?

Hello all.

I graduate with my Bachelor's degree in 25 days (wow!) and am trying to find something to wear to graduation.  I am thinking black capris (I'd feel more comfortable in these as opposed to a skirt or dress), a nice business casual-ish shirt, and black wedge sandals. I've asked my friends what they're wearing, but they're not really sure at this point. So does what I have in mind sound okay?

What did you/are you wear to your graduation?

Thanks! Happy studying =)

Re: What did you/are you wearing to graduation?

• Wow. I've got 22 days before walking :) I still will have 2 summer courses to take though before I get my degree to hang on the wall but I still can't wait!
    At my school there isn't an August Commencement, so I will walk a little early.

ANYWAY.
    I think I'm going to wear the dress I wore at Easter this year- its just a wrap dress that is purple, cream, and black. I got it for $13 at Target on clearence!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_did-youare-wearing-graduation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:51c140a7-f62d-4fb2-b81f-c0d5590d278ePost:e29a5f29-4100-4cb3-8c4e-aa916cdb18aa">Re: What did you/are you wearing to graduation?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you wearing a cap and gown?  If you are, it probably doesn't matter so much what you wear underneath it, as long as it's comfortable.  Your outfit sounds cute! Definitely check the weather the day of your graduation too if it will be outside - I wore a sundress with strappy heels (with the gown over it) to my college graduation, and it ended up being chilly and drizzly, so sitting outside on the football field for the ceremony wasn't fun...plus the ground was muddy, so my heels got stuck while walking. Congrats on the upcoming graduation too! :)
    Posted by MelanieK2011[/QUOTE]

Ditto this!  I wore a skirt and a cute top, with heels. It rained and I was freezing.  Generally I see either skirt/top or nicer sundress at graduations, but all that shows under the gown is your shoes and possibly the bottom of your skirt if it's long.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • mine will be inside, so I'll just wear a nice comfortable dress like I would normally wear to church, and flats. not heels because I'm very accident-prone, and it would not be good to trip on the stage. I'm not too worried about it though because like PP said, the gown covers most of what you wear. keep the jewelry to a minimum though.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Congrats!! Your outfit sounds perfectly fine since you want to be comfortable. I know I am wearing flats and not heels and probably a knit dress from American Eagle or something. My graduation is on Saturday morning at 9am! So I will be dressed pretty casual since we are just going to my home after for a BBQ. =)
    "All adventurous women do."-GIRLS
  • hey OP congrats on your degree!!! :) your outfit sounds perfect! i went for something classic as well since the pic will be up at your parents house for all eternity lol :) i wore black dress pants, a cream colored dressy blouse, and purple heels lol :) be comfortable and look professional is my advice :)
  • I'm going to be wearing the gown! What more do they want from me?

It's going to be a bajillion degrees, because we're talking southern VA in May. I'll be sweating to death in a black polyester robe. I'm going to be comfortable and wear clothes I don't care about getting nasty with sweat. And flip flops on my feet.

So probably a jean skirt and a t-shirt.
  •   For undergrad, I think I wore a dress. For my masters, I will be wearing the same dress I plan to wear to the rehearsal dinner :)
  • On a related note, what do you wear to someone else's graduation? My fiance graduates next month and I haven't got a clue what I should wear.
  • Boatkicker -- my university has two ceremonies: one at night for the entire univeristy, and then the next day for departments/colleges (i.e. Department of Political Science or the College of Agriculture). My boyfriend graduated last year. For the night one, which was outdoors and more casual, I wore khaki pants and a nice shirt. For his college ceremony, I wore a sundress.
  • I have a ceremony for my specific school on Friday night, that is business professional.  So I'm wearing a dress that looks like two pieces (yellow on top, black on bottom) with black heels.
    For the actual graduation I'm wearing a black & white floral printed dress with purple accents & the same black heels.

I'm graduating in 2 weeks and I bought all of this at T.J.Maxx!!!
  • JM526JM526 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Thanks everyone!

I finally found a pair of black capris, a green dressy shirt, and peep toe slingback heels that I'm going to wear.

Congrats to everyone who is graduating =)
  • im wearing a cute orange sundress i got and some kitten heels :) dont wanna trip across the stage! that would be horrible! wear some shoes you are comfortable in!

congrats to everyone graduating! i cant wait! :)
  • prncszprncsz member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    I wore a strapless dress and heals. The dress was summery since i graduated in May and great because the Florida heat was hot!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards