California-Napa

Any pretty ideas for a eggplant wedding?

Hi ladies-

I'm getting married at V. Sattui winery. My bridesmaids dresses are a dark purple (eggplant) color. I am worried about using too much purple. What colors would look classy with this color? Also, any cool ideas you have seen at winerys that look pretty?

Thanks!

Re: Any pretty ideas for a eggplant wedding?

• edited December 2011
    Lime green and gold look awesome with eggplant.  You can use reall limes, green button mums, orchids, hypericum berries, etc. for flowers, mixed with white, and gold accents.  You can google green flowers and see all the options that come up.

Sounds beautiful!  Congratulations and good luck!

• edited December 2011
    V. Sattui is such a pretty venue!  A good friends of mine got married there two summers ago in the wine cellar room ~ she had tons of candles which made the room look so nice.

I am using eggplant for my wedding too (for the main flower color).  I picked a Love by Enzoani dress for my bridesmaids in a color called "cashmere" which is a neutral champagne type of color.  I thought the dark purple with neutrals would be pretty.  I am also having pops of lime green/chartreuse in the bridesmaid bouquets. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm doing a eggplant/merlot color too with a lime/light green :)

Have you thought of mixing the dark purple with a light purple? Or my friend did gray with purple and it looked beautiful :)
  • echavez311echavez311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My color is eggplant too. I'm incorporating some silver and orange. Using purple and mango calla lilies...incorporating some orange ribbon where I can too.  using silver chiavari chairs and eggplant linens.  The orange I'm using is kind of like a burnt orange and it goes very good with eggplant.

the green goes very nice too.

I've seen red used with purple...very pretty too, but I think it looks better for the fall.  Well. at least I think so.

Hope these ideas help you. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards