Vineyard Weddings

Favors - DIY

Since our wedding has a covered deck/patio/pavilion (not sure what to call it) attached to the building in which they typically do tastings, the wood decking is going to be tricky for women (or that crazy uncle, jk) in heels... we're going to do the flip-flop thing I've seen several knotties do.  I don't want that to be the sole favor though because not everyone will want them. 

I was on this site (corkycreations.com) and saw her coasters and loved the idea, but don't want to spend the money on them.  FI and I think we can make them pretty easily and then I had the idea of getting a stamp made that would have our wedding logo on it to stamp on the back flat part.  Since most people are coming with a significant other or family, it would ensure that you'd get at least two of these per family.  I was going to tie ribbons in our two wedding colors around each one with a card (business card size) threaded through and their name on it.

We're going to ask our local watering hole to save corks for us (I've saved a lot on my own, but lord knows I can't drink THAT much wine before June!) to do the project and then get a sheet of corkboard (Home Depot) to cut for the squares.

What do you think?  Too involved?  That's my only fear.

Re: Favors - DIY

• I do think it would be a lot of work. Plus the corks you get will be used (wine on the end) and slightly different shapes/colors. Maybe you should try doing one and see if it turns out like you're picturing. Cute idea though!
  • Do you have pictures?
  • Thank you so much for the idea. Between my mother and I we have many saved corks that I could use. Good luck! =)

• What a gorgeous idea!
    If you've got the time to try it, I'd do a couple practice ones and see what you think.

Depending on how much effort those ones take, I think you'll have a pretty good idea of what you can do yourself. Good luck!

• I think it sounds like a lot of work and ultimately, not everyone will appreciate your efforts. While you and your FI may love wine, not all your guests do...just something to keep in mind.  I personally, love it (as I love wine too).
  • We started working on this project this weekend.  It's actually not too bad.  My grandfather has a power tool that can zip the corks in half with no problem.  The most tedious part is going to be the gluing and the ribbon (if we decide to do the ribbon that is).  Stamping the back is a jiff.  It's so cute!

My grandpa and FI also cut slits in the tops of some to hold pictures around the wedding and menus and such.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards