Wedding Reception Forum

Entrance music

I am having such a hard time figuring out entrance music for me and my fianc for going into reception need help badly with ideas!!

Re: Entrance music

• I decided to put this on the back burned I realy liked the song " Calvin Harris, Feel so Close"I want something current and uplighting but the fact of the matter is , the song will be outdated by September so Im going to have to hold off.
    Did you want something contemporary or classic like "This Will Be (an Everlasting Love)" by Natalie Cole?

• Yet another song I haven't thought of! Darn!  I would go with something that is your and your FI's style or a song that means something to you guys.
    Anniversary BFP: 3/5/13 EDD: 11/14/13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are doing one of Colbie Caillat's songs. It's either going to be Brighter than the Sun or I do. I love them both and can't really decide.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I managed to talk the FI into walking out to Crazy Train by Ozzy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • niahbniahb member
    First Comment
    I think we are doing "Ain't That a Kick in the Head" by Dean Martin (granted we are both Italian) but I think that the words are great for a wedding entrance! Good Luck!
  • We are doing 'All My Rowdy Friends" by Hank Williams Jr,
  • We're using "You've got a Friend in Me" -- the duet version by Lyle Lovett and Randy Newman -- actually as our recessional. It's the song used a lot in the Toy Story movies, and my fiance is a big fan of Pixar movies. Plus, the words are good -- we're already friends for life, and we always will be. For our first dance we're using "Feels Like Home" -- written by Randy Newman and performed by Bonnie Raitt, but there's another version that was apparently used in Dawson's Creek (TV show) and How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. I was pretty stressed out over songs for awhile (and we're actually not having dancing or a regular reception -- just the ceremony, a first dance, and then some background music). Think about what you and your fiance like to do, hobbies, etc., and whether there's a "soundtrack" to that. My fiance and I were basically brainstorming one evening at his computer with the iTunes Store -- you can search and move to its suggestions, and similar things, or different versions of it, and then move from something that's almost right to find other things by the same artist. Other songs I was considering for first dance, that might work for you for entrance depending on your style and interests: Crazy Love by Aaron Neville ("Phenomenon"); Love is All Around by Wet Wet Wet ("Love Actually"); When you Know by Shawn Colvin ("Serendipity"). Clearly I'm a sucker for (old) romantic movies! What you need to do is some brainstorming. Post some of your likes, hobbies, etc., and maybe the community can help!
  • In Response to Re:Entrance music:[QUOTE]I managed to talk the FI into walking out to Crazy Train by Ozzy! Posted by rvaobxbridetobe[/QUOTE] I didn't have to do much convincing, but we're walking in to that one too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards