Alabama
Options

September wedding in Birmingham

If anyone has any suggestions for venues, photographers.... anything really- Please feel free to help me! I only have 9 months and a week and we still dont have a venue! Thanks!

Re: September wedding in Birmingham

• Options
    edited December 2011
    check out my blog for venues!
  • Options
    MadeOfAwesomeMadeOfAwesome member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Claus Martel for videography.  He does a lot of weddings in Birmingham.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     I feel like I've seen almost every venue in Birmingham! What type of wedding are you thinking of having? Formal ballroom, casual garden, etc. How many people are you thinking? In-house catering/alcohol or outside vendors or DIY? I would be a happy to give some suggestions if you'll give us an idea of your vision. Don't stress! You'll find the right place! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Sarah Esther Photography for a photographer. She is based in Atlanta, but is SUCH a talented individual. Her prices are really reasonable too, even for travel! A friend of mine had her and I WISH she would have done my wedding!!!! Ah!!!!! Hope this helps.

www.sarahestherphotography.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got married at a church but had the reception at the Avon Theatre, a historic 1920's building with exposed brick and antique frescos. Anna Gilmore did our flowers and was awesome ( www.annagflowers.com ) and we used Greg Hawkins for photography (www.studiogphoto.net ) A little pricey, but beautiful pics. We used Happy Catering Company for our food (lots of food, reasonable prices). Claus Martel made a fabulous video of the wedding and reception.  

Good luck planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're looking for a wedding in a natural vineyard setting, check out Wills Creek Vineyards in Attalla, AL. They just built a new 2000 square foot pavilion overlooking a pond and the vineyards. http://www.willscreekvineyards.com (click on Winery Events page). Rates are very affordable and the owners are wonderful people.

Or check out The Winery at Pepper Place near downtown Birmingham (2801 2nd Avenue South)--also a new establishment in the historical Dr. Pepper bottling factory complex. They are taking bookings now for 2010.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I dont have any venue ideas for you  but check out this  blog. We are using her for our wedding and she really worked with us on budget.

http://expressionsbyashley.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What type theme/atmosphere are you going for? Elegant evening... cute afternoon... brunch...or a specific theme...Formal ball...glitz & glam... diamond sparkle etc...??

Also if you need help planning and coordinating, I am just starting to find my niche in event and wedding planning and would love to help you out for a very competitive price.  If you are interested, please email me @ beccaboo7r@gmail.com.  or call 205-441-2423.  Would love to hear your vision and thoughts for your special day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If a planner could be of help to you, please check out my website!

www.top2bottomevents.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in September in Springville and we've been doing alot of research over the past year. We're getting married at Mountain View Gardens and Ballroom. The prices are really reasonable and it's gorgeous up there that time of year. Also, my photographer is awesome!! Her name is Stefani with Lost in the Moment photography and her website is lostinthemomentphoto.com.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you need someone to help you plan and coordinate your wedding please feel free to send me an e-mail at beckysbrides@yahoo.com.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you need a makeup artist contact me at fiskdan24@yahoo.com   I have been doing bridal makeup for over 7 years and have done makeup for over 700 brides across the SouthEast! I use high-end makeup lines such as Trish McEvoy, Nars, Mac, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, etc.  I also have a facebook page called MakeMeUp.  Happy Wedding Planning and Have fun!

P.S. I live in Birmingham,AL also!

Danielle Lee
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking for a photographer check our A&G Photogrphy.  www.angimages.com We are located in Huntsville, but we are free to travel to Birmingham.
  • Options
     SHARP FOCUS SHARP FOCUS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello if you need a photographer. I will help you out. I have been a photographer for more than 12 years. I just started my own business in Oct. 2009. I am currently trying to build a customer base. I would shoot your engagement photos for free, if we can agree on a style that you like and a reasonable price to match. Please view my website at: http://www.rubyrudiphotography.com
    or call me for a private quote on a photography package.
    Ruby Rudi 601.680.3355
  • Options
    SteeleRoseSteeleRose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow lots of good info here...Yay! I am also getting married in Sept (2011 here though) in BHam... My fiance is from the area and I know NOTHING about the area... I grew up in seattle. We are currently in Denver but are moving back in a few months... So yeah... Thanks for the links gals!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards