Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Female Fire and Rescue?

I have googeled it for hours and I have found a lot of wedding pictures where the Groom is Fire and Rescue but not the Bride? How can I incorperate my gear in the wedding photos?

Re: Female Fire and Rescue?

• Male or female, here are some things I've seen:
    Photos with Helmet (on head, being held, on groud in foreground of photos, etc)
    Boots under dress (for pictures only, I'd assume)
    I've also seen some with the helmet and a fire ax.

I also found this, though it's not exactly what you asked, I thought it was cool.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/c11.0.403.403/p403x403/527847_289202384512666_1062718147_n.jpg
    Praying for a miracle!
  • I was thinking about doing some picture with my bunker pants on under my dress or my bunker jacket on over my dress and holding my hemlet because it will mess up my hair. I guess I could also stick my extra name badge on DF's jacket and take pics like that.

I hope they will get out the vintage rig for us but we may just be using the ladder truck we have in service now.
  • With DH being Fire, we know plenty of women and men that are Fire/EMT. Our wedding had no reference to either of our careers. Most every firefighter/emt wedding didn't take on the Fire theme. The most I've ever seen is taking pictures with one of the engines or using red as the "wedding color".

It's a career...if you were a doctor, would you have a medical themed wedding and take pictures with your surgical tools? Or if you were a bank teller, a financial themed wedding and take pictures with money?

Maybe you can think of more subtle things. Like buying axe/halligan charms for your bouquet or having red accents.

• I love the hose photo!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You could have a custom garter made as well. Google it.. there's a few great companies out there that make them..

Mine was tribute to Ford motor company for personal reasons. :)

• My first wedding we took our engagement pictures with my gear and had a fire themed wedding. We took pictures with the engine and that kind of thing. We even cut our cake with a fire axe. On the guest book table I threw my gear and some cutesy fire themed love figurine things. It was fun.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards