August 2012 Weddings

Venue Scare

I had a VM earlier today from our reception site contact that he had been fired and the new owners would be contacting me within the next couple weeks about my wedding.

Talk about FREAK OUT!!

I decided I would go crazy trying to wait the 2 weeks for a phone call so I called to make sure they'd still honor our date (there was no contract involved for this site which was the reason for my worry).  They said they would still honor it and he was reviewing the books, trying to get things in order, and would call back with details and timelines in a week or so.  I feel so much better knowing we still have our site!

Re: Venue Scare

• libby2483libby2483 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I'm glad that everything seems to be working out with still having your venue reserved.  Is there a way that you could get a contract from this place?  I would be a little worried not having one.  

I was in a similar situation when our venue wedding coordinator "moved on to other opportunities".  I had been doing all of the planning with her, and I freaked out a little when she left.  However, our new coordinator is just as great and helpful.  Hopefully your new venue contact works out as well!
  • Oh man, I would be freaking out. I'm glad it's working out for you!
  • I'm working without an official contract for my reception venue too, and praying that the gentleman that helped us doesn't pass away between now and the wedding!!

Glad things worked out for you with your venue!!  I would try to get a contract if possible though, like PP mentioned.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards