Wisconsin
Options

Non-Religious Wedding Officiant...Help!

Hi,
I'm getting married in June in Pierce County. We are not religious and will not be having a religious ceremony. The wedding will be outside.

I have a list of wedding officiants - court commissioners, judges, etc., from St. Croix and Pierce counties. I don't know how to choose someone! There are so many names, and I'd like to interview the ones who are available on my wedding date, but that's not practical. However, I hate to commit to someone without even meeting them - I want to make sure the person would be a good fit for us.

I am wondering if anyone has had a non-religious ceremony in the area, and chosen one of these people to conduct their wedding (or knows someone whose wedding was done by an official from St.Croix/Pierce County).
*Who did you pick? Why? What did you like about the person? What made you choose them?
*If you're already married, is there anything about the officiant you didn't like? (throwing in unapproved jokes, forgetting your names, etc.)
*How much did they charge?
*Did/will they follow your wishes regarding vows?

Any help would be great!
Thanks!

Re: Non-Religious Wedding Officiant...Help!

• Options
    rungirl12rungirl12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I apologize to the pp as I don't have any helpful information myself to contribute.  But, seeing as this post will likely get a lot of traffic, would those of you that had/have your ceremony in Milwaukee/Waukesha county share the same info as requested above?  I nearly posted something identical, but just looking for a different part of the state.
  • Options
    Stina51286Stina51286 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    You could always ask one of your friends or family members to do the online thing to become one and that way its not religious, you know them, and it has a little more meaning behind it. Anyone can become an officiant by just going online and doing some sort of certification or something. Theres a couple sites to do it on, this one looked to be the best http://www.theamm.org/perform-marriage/wisconsin

• Options
    less16less16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure on what your budget is or if you're willing to pay for travel fees. But We had Rev. Michelle Hall marry us on the 17th of this month and she was wonderful! A lot of our friends were very happy with the service being about us as a couple and our friends and family, not a religion. She works with you and let you customize at little or as much as you'd like. She was great! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards