Registry and Gift Forum

gifts cards tacky for hostess gift?

My bridesmaids are throwing me a shower this weekend, and I know that they have put a lot of effort and time(and probably $ too) into planning it. I have four bridesmaids and I want to give them each a gift for throwing me a shower ( I never thought I wanted a bridal shower,and told them I didn't need one, but I really appreciate that they are throwing one for me- I love them all). I can afford about $25-$30 for each bridesmaid; is it ok to give them gift cards to their favorite stores as a thank you for throwing me a shower( plus a heartfelt thank you card)? I wanted to purchase more personal gifts, but no one is giving me any idea of what they want right now.

Re: gifts cards tacky for hostess gift?

• I don't think that there is any problem with giving them a gift card for hosting the shower...and like you said, just give them a little thank you note along with it.  I'd be sure to get them an actual gift for being part of the wedding party closer to the wedding though.  But I think having a gift card for each of them would be a nice gesture.  Perhaps to a spa, or the theatre to relax after their hard work planning the party for you!
  • I think a gift card is a great way to say thank you to them for the shower. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sounds good to me.  Plus, if any of them are traveling, it will be easy to transport home!
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • I think it's a great idea!
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Absolutely! I think buying gifts for adults is extremely difficult because many of us go out and buy what we want. And I definitely agree with going to their "favorite stores." This helps personalize it, along with the wonderful note you'll write.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes, I agree write them a heartfelt note with it.  Hallmark actually sells "Thank you for throwing me a shower" cards.  I got those and wrote really nice notes to my hosts in them.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I think thats a good idea. I just threw a shower for my friend and Im a bridesmaid and she gave me a gift card to a spa. I wasn't expecting a gift at all and the gift card was a nice suprise.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards