Pre-wedding Parties

Rehearsal Dinner - Alchohol tab?

My fiance and I are hosting the rehearsal dinner, we will be paying for the meals and one round of drinks for everyone for the toasts (probably beer or wine) - is it reasonable for us to ask our guests to pick up the rest of their drink tab if they would like to continue to drink alchohol? Or is this tacky? There will be 25 people and we don't want to end up giving free reign and paying for all of the alchohol consumed during that time.

Re: Rehearsal Dinner - Alchohol tab?

• Sorry, but it is tacky to expect the guests to pay for anything at the RD. You could ask the banquet manager to have the waiters serve coffee and tea early in an effort to curb the drinking. You could also skip the alcohol, if it's not in your budget.

• I disagree as our guests paid for their own alcohol and no one seemed to have a problem with it.  Any RD dinner I have been too, we paid for our own alcohol. 

• At the last RD I was at, each person attending got 2 drink tickets to use and anything more than that was paid out of the guests own pocket. Some people did complaint, but I don't think it was too big of a deal. After the RD was done, everyone ended up going to the hotel bar and most of the drinks were picked up by the groom's father. Another RD I was in, we had to buy our own - no one had an issue with that either. Plus, it was free drinks for the bridal party at the reception so money was saved there anyway.
  • I think the RD follows the same rules as the reception since it is a thank you to the VIPs of the wedding.  Pick up the bar tab.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have never been to a RD where they pay for drinks. Our guests will be expected to pay for any alcoholic drinks at the RD. 
  • I have never been to an RD where the guests paid for anything. The RD is a thank you to the wedding party and anyone who has participated in the rehearsal.

• We have decided to do beer and wine only....this covers everyone but me. I am going to have a conversation with my brother ..cause he could down 5 beers in an hour:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards