Ohio-Columbus

wedding planner

Do you count the wedding planner in your head count for meal, drinks ect.?  We have a head count of 120 including ourselves and don't know if we are supposed to provide food ect for her?  Thanks in advance for any advice.

Stacey

Re: wedding planner

• JHS16JHS16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gosh, good question, I'm not sure!  I'm using a coordinator primarily for pre-wedding planning, so if she's not involved with the wedding day itself, I wouldn't.  But when in doubt, it's always safer to invite them, and if it's proper etiquette for them to decline, I'm sure she will. 
  • edited December 2011
    I think you are supposed to provide a meal for all vendors. They don't have to sit with everyone at the tables. Some receptions have a separate room that they can set up a table for vendors. And it can be a boxed lunch, like a sandwich.
  • edited December 2011
    You need to feed your vendors. You also should feed them what everyones else is eating, and have a table for them in a corner. They are more than likely going to be with you all day, and you don't want them shoved in another room missing what is going on, and missing cues, and pictures they are supposed to take. You would expect someone to provide a luch break for you if you worked 8 or 12 hours straight for them. Please respect your vendors especially if you want them to do a good job for you.

Most caterers provide the vendor meals, if not free, at least at a discounted price. A hungry photographer or dj is not going to be able to focus as well on your wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with pp. You should include all vendors and have a table for them. A friend of mine had her reception at a place (not going to mention place...don't want to bash anybody) but they put the vendors in a separate room and the photographer and videographer missed part of the cake cutting because the DJ nor the reception coordinator let them know what was happening. Just my opinion. HTH   :)
  • dgnphotodgnphoto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should also tell the caterer that you'd like them to eat as soon as the bridal party starts eating.  This way they can be done eating when anything might start happening.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm actually a wedding photographer and I feel weird when I eat at weddings. They always offer us food, and we usually take it because we don't want to be rude. I just feel like I should still be taking pictures. I'm not sure how other vendors feel about it. Your best bet would probably be to ask her if she wants to eat.
  • dgnphotodgnphoto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    People don't want pictures of them stuffing their face... just eat and don't worry about it!  It really is customary to feed the vendors.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, I guess that's true...although, I have gotten quite a few pictures during dinner that I really like.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards