Students
Options

New to board

Well, I just stumbled upon this board, and I am so excited.  I find it difficult with other brides who do not understand the challenges of being a student bride.

With that said. I am excited to join you ladies.  FI and I are 21 and juniors in college.  The date is set for August 14th 2010.  We will be just entering into our senior year.  We plan to live on campus for our first year of marriage as FI is an RA on campus.  He is a Criminal Justice major (plans to be a cop) and I am a math major.
My Wedding Bio Updated 4-2-10
Married August 14th, 2010
Photobucket
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: New to board

• Options
    Congrats and GL with living "apart" during your first year of marriage. I am an RA myself and I know that having someone live with you is prohibited. They do offer family housing though and hire people to work at that more family friendly facility. Maybe your University offers that as well.

I know planning while in college is tough, but I couldn't imagine spending most nights in another bed that my Husband (once we are married)
  • Options
    Actually, We will be able to live together.  Our universtiy has a step program through their housing, and my FI will be able to be the RA (well techinically CA) for the on campus apartments.  So we will have a single room appartment (with kitchen, bathroom, and living room).  He will be the first married RA on campus ever, and we will be the first married couple on campus together in like 10 years.

Their is deffinaltey some stuff to work out with confindentialty related stuff but, its all good.  We are excited about it.  We both really do well on campus, and would rather not move off campus until we graduate.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Welcome to the board.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic White Knot
  • Options
    Meh, my FI lived with me both years that I was an RA, even though he technically had a room somewhere else on campus.  Many RAs did it, although I guess our bosses looked the other way.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hi and welcome to the board. My FI is a cop too!
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • Options
    LauraT- yeah I understand that bosses look the other way on that, but it would be offical which is nice and makes life easier.

SarainRichmond- Aw Yay for cops!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards