Connecticut

make up

I'm sure that there have probably been recent threads on this, but the search function on TK sucks.  Does anyone have makeup artist recommendations?  I haven't decided if I want to use the girl at my hair salon or not yet, so I'm looking for other names just in case.  Also I'd prefer not to spend a fortune (pricing at my salon for bridal application is $65), but I know I may have to take travel costs (and tip) into account so going outside my salon will most likely cost more than $65.  Thanks!

Re: make up

• I'm actually going for my makeup trial today with Janice from salonnaomi.com I will let you know how it goes but based on recommendations from other ladies on here I'm sure I'll be happy. They have pricing for bridal services on their website. My trial is 65 and the day of package I'm going with is the lowest cost of 165, but they have other packages as well. There is a travel fee of 55. HTH!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited July 2012
    I used Imagine by Carleen, and I really loved how my makeup came out. She's cheaper than many of the board favorites, too. She did not charge a travel fee. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_make-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:36dc461c-47e4-4034-b295-c6a713f4eabePost:ed0e9c31-7843-4106-b3a9-7567d56e0c08">Re:make up</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm actually going for my makeup trial today with Janice from salonnaomi.com I will let you know how it goes but based on recommendations from other ladies on here I'm sure I'll be happy. They have pricing for bridal services on their website. My trial is 65 and the day of package I'm going with is the lowest cost of 165, but they have other packages as well. There is a travel fee of 55. HTH!
    Posted by kheartsm[/QUOTE]

Janice does a great job.  She did our makeup for my friend's wedding 4 years ago.  I am partial to Candice at Naomi's though.  She did our makeup for my cousin's wedding and again for mine about a month ago.
  • If you're in southeastern CT, try Treehugger Organic Salon in New London. Gina (the owner) or Delida both do make-up even though it's not on their price list. I'm pretty sure trials are free, and they are really flexible with your wedding day schedule if they need to open the salon early for you.
    image 312 Invited
    image 182 Are ready to party!
    image 127 Will be missing out!
    image 3 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm using Donna Puma from Beauty at Your Door. She did a great job with my sisters wedding so I have a lot of confidence in her for mine and she is reasonably priced!
    imageNovember 2012 November Siggy Challenge - Venue!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cofkelcofkel member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    Larissa Lake is amazing! I have been in two weddings and had my hair and makeup done by her team and they are awesome, and the FIRST thing I booked after I had a date and a venue, but she books up super fast.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards