Michigan-Detroit

Clumsiness, all time high

I have always been clumsy but tonight hit an all time high for me.

I was making myself some guacamole for dinner, Fi is at work. As I was cutting the tomato I cut the tip of my finger. It was bleeding so bad and the skin was hanging off. My mom works right by my house so I called her and she came over. I went to the urgent care were the cut the hanging part off and burned my finger to stop the bleeding. They called what they did a slight finger amputation. So no I am home with my finger all bandaged up. It isn't painful because it is still numb but as it wears off they said it will be very painful. 

What a night, huh? I can't do dishes for a week so that is a bright side.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Clumsiness, all time high

• Oh no!  I'm sorry that happened to you.  :( 

I sliced the tip of my finger off with a rotary cutter a few Christmases ago; it bled like CRAZY at the time, but after a few weeks it completely healed and my fingerprints even grew back.  You'd never be able to tell that anything happened.  Hopefully you'll make as complete a recovery.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've sliced part of my finger off too :)

It doesn't sound like much but it is crazy how much something like that bleeds!  Take care of yourself and enjoy the time off of dish duty!
    June 16, 2012
  • Oh my gosh!  I hope you are feeling ok this morning :)
  • Ouch! Take it easy and keep it bandaged!
  • H cut his finger while slicing fudge and my first question was "Did you get any blood on the chocolate?" - he's fine now but I hope it heals fast for you Lauren!
  • Yikes! This is one of my worst kitchen fears (aside from getting burned by hot, splattering oil). I'm terrible at chopping things, but maybe because I'm so terrible I take extra care not to get my fingers caught in the mix?
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • When I was in high school a boy I knew was trying to open an icee and he had a big butcher knife and just slammed it down....onto his finger that is! He took a good 1/8th to 1/4th of his finger tip off!

His actually grew back eventually, so I wouldn't worry too much about your slice incident, it'll be back to normal soon hopefully! :)
  • Ouch! Those hurt so bad. I actually did a partial 4 digit amputation a few years ago. I still have all my fingers thanks to modern medicine lol. I know how you're feeling. But hey, good news is the no dishes part! Feel better soon!
  • Oh goodness! I hope you're okay!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards