Florida-South Florida

July Wedding in Miami

Brides and brides to be! I am struggling to pick a venue and I need your help. My fiance and I are looking to get married in July. I am grew up in Miami and, although I haven't lived there in 10 years, my family is still there and I would still like to get married in Miami. Do any of you have any insight as to whether a July wedding in Miami would be too hot or too high of a chance of rain to consider? Our other option is southern California where we are now but that would mean both of our families and our friends would need to travel quite a ways to be a part of our special day. Any tips would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

Re: July Wedding in Miami

• July brings lots of hot weather and sometimes rain!!! I would pick an inside venue for that time of year or do it late in the day when the sun sets so you can enjoy the ocean breezes!! Are you thinking on the beach or just somewhere in Miami?  Check out the venue listings on here, it's pretty helpful to find places or at least get an idea of what you want.
    image Le Creuset 5qt Oval French Oven in Caribbean Blue Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Summer in South Florida is almost unbearably hot and humid and some afternoon showers are guaranteed. If you want a wedding in SoFla, it must be indoors to be comfortable…

• Yeah, as said above, July is hot, sticky and often rainy. But dont let that deter you! There are a lot of nice places that have outdoor settings for the ceremony and then head in for the reception, and of course, keep the inside available as a plan B in case of rain. If it were me, id choose Florida over CA, simply because I wouldnt want to make so many people have to spend $$ on travel and hotels... believe me, they'll appreciate it!
  • I agree about the summer weather in South Florida but there are many, really nice places where you can hold your wedding. Not sure what's your budget but I am pretty certain you can find a venue that will fit your needs. What exactly are you looking for? All inclusive or a place which will allow you to bring certain vendors?
  • I am having a destination wedding in Miami (at least this week I am:/) I think you should def do inside. It's reaaaaaaaally hot there in July!
  • Thanks for all the responses! I was originally hoping for an outdoor wedding but I guess my main hope is that it is somewhat unique, not a hotel ballroom that feels more like a conference room. My budget is around 30,000 for the venue and catering, maybe a little higher. We would consider getting married in a church too. Any tips on venues that fit the bill? Our guest list is about 150. Thanks again!
  • The good thing about South Florida is the vast amount of wedding venues to choose from!

Here are some good options which are nice and do not look like a hotel conference room or ballroom...
    - Villa 221
    - Comber Hall
    - The Coco Plum
    - Art Deco Welcome Center in Miami Beach (love it because it's a blank space which can be transformed!)
    - Douglass Enterance

http://www.bridgehouseevents.com/venues_4141.php

• There's a winery in Homestead called Schnebly's (www.schneblywinery.com)...it's a bit on the pricey side, at least by Kendall/Homestead standards but it's absolutely beautiful and definitely unique. I know a girl who had a July wedding there and everyone wore sundresses and semi formal attire and they didn't complain. My FI and I go at least once a month and find that under the Tiki the fans make it very comfortable....HTH
    SoFla December Siggy: Our favorite Holiday pic=Christmas 2011, 3 days after we got engaged 7E8C9975-2584-46D6-9348-98F987844629-655-00000022C95C02AF magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    Free Disney Tickers https://apps.facebook.com/Disney-Weddings/sites/theprincessandthegator
  • Also try the Palmetto Bay Village Center, I believe they allow you to bring outside vendors and the view of the Bay is spectacular.

SoFla December Siggy: Our favorite Holiday pic=Christmas 2011, 3 days after we got engaged 7E8C9975-2584-46D6-9348-98F987844629-655-00000022C95C02AF magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    Free Disney Tickers https://apps.facebook.com/Disney-Weddings/sites/theprincessandthegator
  • Thanks everyone! This has been really helpful - I'll look into these. Best of luck with your planning!
  • Not to sure your budget but if price isn't an issue then the fallowing are all beautiful choices..

Fontainebleau (Miami Beach)
    vizcaya (Miami Beach)
    The Addison (Boca Raton)

My friend recently did her wedding at the Addison very warm and beautiful!
  • The Mayflower hotel in Coconut Grove has a beautiful glass covered atrium for weddings.  Their reception room is also beautiful not like a ballroom at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards