Interracial Weddings

African American/ Puerto Rican

Hello all! Im a newbie Knottie. I was surprised this message board even exist but I  sure am glad it does. Its great to see all the different interracial couples. Well I have a concern, I am African American and my fiancé is Puerto Rican. At the reception hall he wants to salsa which I can understand because we will play Spanish music....however...when I showed his side of the family the way I was taught to salsa they said I was dirty dancing not dancing salsa. Sooooo now Im stuck because I have been trying for months to dance the way they have been showing me but nothing is working. And its really important to my fiancé that we salsa at the reception. What to do!!!????
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: African American/ Puerto Rican

• Hey there!  I am actually Puerto Rican and my fiance is African American. :)  We will be dancing salsa at the wedding and let me just tell you... DO NOT STRESS OVER THIS.  I guarantee that his family will be pulling your family out to dance salsa and everyone will be teaching everyone, especially if there is a some Bacardi involved. LOL.  I know for a fact this will happen with my crazy family, and trust me, he is no salsa dancer. LOL.  As much as he tries, he looks either extremely stiff or too much like a girl. LOL.  Poor thing.  Just have him teach you some steps here and there and try your best.  In the end, I'm sure he will be pleased that you have tried so hard and so will his family. :)  Just have fun with it.
  • Everyone will be dancing and having fun for sure. I am african ametrican  and I love to dance.My experience with my family at my cousins wedding was that our people like to dance. They may learn easily it's pretty likely. 

Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards