Connecticut

Holiday Inn, North Haven girls!!

I am getting ready to call for information for the block.

Who did you talk to??

Was there a deposit required?

Are there a certain amount of rooms you need to book?

Anything else that I should ask about?

TIA!
~Miss.~
~Mrs.~
**Password: kls114**
Photobucket
Anniversary

Re: Holiday Inn, North Haven girls!!

• edited December 2011
    Jillian Nurmi is who I spoke to. Director of sales, i think. Sounded nice on the phone.

There's no money down from you but I think you need at least 10 rooms for each night you want to reserve. You can block up to 25 and as they fill up, i believe 80%, you can add more.

Also, ask about a complimentry suite for you and hubby if you book x number of rooms! This was never mentioned until I asked about it!

Also, if you wanted to do a rehearsal dinner, breakfast or brunch you can get their banquet room for free and get 15% (?) off meal prices. If not, your guests get 15% off coupon to use for their meal on their own.

HTH! Feel free to ask anything else! 
    Picnik collageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have anything to add except I love seeing both of your tickers saying 9 and 10 months to go! So exciting! :0)
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_holiday-inn-north-haven-girls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:03c0606a-b388-43ae-b747-a04e6b75c4b9Post:52668102-e3a5-4532-a663-2444d49cb423">Re: Holiday Inn, North Haven girls!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have anything to add except I love seeing both of your tickers saying 9 and 10 months to go! So exciting! :0)
    Posted by SuMmErKuTiE[/QUOTE]

Awww thanks girlee!! Crazy right?!?!?! :)
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • kls114kls114 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_holiday-inn-north-haven-girls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:03c0606a-b388-43ae-b747-a04e6b75c4b9Post:93fe0f5c-c38d-40e1-a5f9-a19d0dbe6413">Re: Holiday Inn, North Haven girls!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jillian Nurmi is who I spoke to. Director of sales, i think. Sounded nice on the phone. There's no money down from you but I think you need at least 10 rooms for each night you want to reserve. You can block up to 25 and as they fill up, i believe 80%, you can add more. Also, ask about a complimentry suite for you and hubby if you book x number of rooms! This was never mentioned until I asked about it! Also, if you wanted to do a rehearsal dinner, breakfast or brunch you can get their banquet room for free and get 15% (?) off meal prices. If not, your guests get 15% off coupon to use for their meal on their own. HTH! Feel free to ask anything else! 
    Posted by SillyLGoose[/QUOTE]

Awesome!!! Thanks so much!!!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I just blocked off my rooms at this hotel a few weeks ago!! I also worked with Jillian. She seemed great! She told me the max # of rooms you can block is 30 until 80% are booked, and then you can add more. No deposit required as SillyGoose said. I booked 10 rooms for the night before the wedding and 5 rooms for the night after, so I don't think there's any minimum. 

The only other thing I had to add was the gift basket they give your guests!! It includes a bottle of champagne, a box of truffles, and a discount breakfast coupon! I thought it was really nice that they do that. Also, the have a complimentary shuttle that you can use. You're allowed to make 2 scheduled drop offs and 2 pick ups. The shuttle holds 7 people.

Me and the girls are booking one of the suites for the night before the wedding. For the night of the wedding, the wedding party is booking the 2 adjoining suites for an all night after party. WOOO!

• kls114kls114 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_holiday-inn-north-haven-girls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:03c0606a-b388-43ae-b747-a04e6b75c4b9Post:84cc0256-3f4b-4fc5-8646-f4ed04c879f2">Re: Holiday Inn, North Haven girls!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just blocked off my rooms at this hotel a few weeks ago!! I also worked with Jillian. She seemed great! She told me the max # of rooms you can block is 30 until 80% are booked, and then you can add more. No deposit required as SillyGoose said. I booked 10 rooms for the night before the wedding and 5 rooms for the night after, so I don't think there's any minimum.  The only other thing I had to add was the gift basket they give your guests!! It includes a bottle of champagne, a box of truffles, and a discount breakfast coupon! I thought it was really nice that they do that. Also, the have a complimentary shuttle that you can use. You're allowed to make 2 scheduled drop offs and 2 pick ups. The shuttle holds 7 people. Me and the girls are booking one of the suites for the night before the wedding. For the night of the wedding, the wedding party is booking the 2 adjoining suites for an all night after party. WOOO!
    Posted by Salamandy24[/QUOTE]

Great info thanks!!!!

2 trips that is it???
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_holiday-inn-north-haven-girls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:03c0606a-b388-43ae-b747-a04e6b75c4b9Post:1976f745-fbe9-41c9-b507-c2e97a7c7d6a">Re: Holiday Inn, North Haven girls!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holiday Inn, North Haven girls!! : Great info thanks!!!! 2 trips that is it???
    Posted by kls114[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yea, seriously, thats what I said! And it only holds 7 people at a time!! I think you can use it more than that, but you're at the mercy of it being available when you call. I was most concerned with the pick up times. We're having open bar all night, so I don't want people feeling like they have to drive themselves back to the hotel if they really can't. The hotel is literally only about a mile down the road from our venue, so our parents said they'll play DD if needed.

</div>
  • edited December 2011
    yess i this is a great spot for a wedding i meet with the lady this sat at 4pm....  im soo excited
  • Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We talked with Jillian, and she was amazing.

Just make sure she's there the day of your wedding because there is NO communication between her and whoever else is there when she isn't
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_holiday-inn-north-haven-girls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:03c0606a-b388-43ae-b747-a04e6b75c4b9Post:1976f745-fbe9-41c9-b507-c2e97a7c7d6a">Re: Holiday Inn, North Haven girls!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holiday Inn, North Haven girls!! : Great info thanks!!!! 2 trips that is it???
    Posted by kls114[/QUOTE]

yup..only two stops. they did tell us that they could do more..but they didnt. we had to hold up the reception for the introductions because some of the Bridal party were stuck in the shuttle. Also, some of our guests didn't get the gift bags..and we added things to them.

I honestly don't mean to always have bad things to say about them...I truly believe that if Jillian had been there that day/night and if there was good communication, things would have gone much better.

You can even mention my experience and let her know that you fully expect that NOTHING like that will happen.
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards