California-Orange County
Options

Electra Cruises Newport Harbor?

Has anyone ever been to a wedding, or had a wedding on one of the electra yachts?  My fiance and I are considering this option strongly and need opinions and reviews!

Re: Electra Cruises Newport Harbor?

• Options
    ms.ritaliums.ritaliu member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i went to one, but it was about 4-5 years ago.  it was a good package deal... but I wasn't all that impressed by it.   In fact, i thought it was just ok.  But again, they may have totally revamped everything and/or it could've just been the package my friend chose (which was one of the smaller packages).  The basis for my opinion is on the following:

- the ceremony was located in a covered area of the boat (with windows, of course), that felt a bit stuffy
    - space was limited to 30 people
    - food (buffet) was just ok.  Even though it was buffet, they didn't allow me to go back for seconds (and the first serving was really skimpy)
    - small dancing space
    - limited space which made it awkward with strangers.

the upside to this though, is that your guest have to leave when the yacht docks and because you're limited to X amount of guests, you can use that as your excuse for not inviting people :)
    ~Rita
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked out Fantasea yachts?  I had a friend do one last year and the staff is great, and she said it was a good deal...check them out, and they also work with a really great photographer Corbin Kelll, www.corbinkell.cc
  • Options
    lilverolilvero member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had my daughter's 15th Birthday party aboard Destiny. For the money I paid I wouldnt recommend Electra to anyone...The management was horrible, rude, inconsiderate. It was a bad experience.
  • Options
    belle1021belle1021 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I checked it out when we were looking for our reception venue but we were not happy how they were not very accomodating. Check Adventures at Sea by Hornblower Cruises if you want a wedding on the yacht and talk to Tonya Torgerson. She's awesome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow... this is good feedback. We were really considering Electra, but this is giving me second thoughts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards