Outdoor Weddings
Options

Asile Runner ideas?

I am trying to get some ideas for the asile at my wedding. We are having an outdoor wedding that is under some trees over looking a large pond. The problem is the ground has a little grass here and there, but its mostly dirt. I do not want to get my train dirty when it drags over it. I have heard not to use a traditional asile runner and i figure enough flower pedals to cover it would become expensive. Looking for some thoughts. Thanks.

Re: Asile Runner ideas?

• Options
    well, your train is going to get dirty. there really isn't any way to avoid that.  But, you could use an "outdoor" carpeted aisle runner.  They are expensive though.

The traditional aisle runners are dangerous for outdoor weddings.  Since there is no real flat surface and nothing to affix them to, they can bunch up, get dragged behind your dress and they are huge tripping hazard.  Also, if you are wearing heels, you will sink right through a traditional aisle runner into the dirt/grass.

with that said, I was getting married at a park that is full of ducks/geese.  We raked, but I didn't want to drag fresh goose poop with my dress, so I bought the outdoor runners.  It wasn't cheap.  I went with the white "turf" runners from this company and it worked perfectly for me.  They are also rubber backed, so I could wear my heels and not sink through it.

http://www.rugstreet.com/CTGY/outdoor-runners.html

• Options
    I don't recommend a paper or plastic runner. They blow around in the wind, fold up, and make a horrendous amount of noise while people walk down it. I cringed at the weddings this happened at. Can you lay down sod for the aisle just the day before so it's nice and fresh?
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    I never thought about using sod or something of that sort...I will defiently keep that in mind. I have seen some other post about using burlap as well. Thank ya'll. This has given me a few more ideas to think about.
  • Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2012
    I would like to second cmg.  Your dress is going to get dirty.  Just walking from my hotel room to our ceremony site got the underside of my train dirty, then we were all over the beach so there was a good amount of sand in it, followed by pictures a few weeks later in Philadelphia made the underside completely black in some places.

One trip to the dry cleaner - all that mess was gone.

No one can see the marks in any pictures.

Embrace the fact that your white dress will get dirty.  It's best to come to terms with it now.
  • Options
    A friend of mine used burlap with corsage/bout pins to secure it to the ground, it seems to work and was easy.
  • Options
    mdupon70997mdupon70997 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2012
    I'm worried, too. Our ceremony is in a courtyard garden that is sort of "paved"with large bricks. Im worried about the train of my lace dress getting snagged on the bricks. I thought about the traditional papery runner, but I hate how they never stay in place. The carpeted runner seems to be a promosing (but pricey) idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards