New York-Hudson Valley

Surf Club or Marina Del Rey

Love the water view in the room at Surf Club but have heard mixed reviews. Also looking at Marina Del Rey but we would have the Venetian room with no view. Any advice much appreciated!!

Re: Surf Club or Marina Del Rey

• The food is unbelievable at the Marina
  • When are you planning your wedding for?  Just a note, if it's going to be dark out by the time guests arrive at the reception-- the view doesn't matter!  I was so upset when I realized that no one would even see my view by the time cocktail hour started. If it's at night, go with who gives you more for your money! (I looked at both places and I think the Marina will give you more food, and will definitely throw a lot in)  I'm getting married at the VIP in November.  Good luck!

• What month are you looking at? I would go with the place that gives you the best deal regardless of the view. I just booked marina myself but I will be in the main room but I don't think you can go wrong regardless what room your in there because you get tons of food.
  • edited January 2013
    Marina Del Ray all the way. Surf Club has a staircase that connects the 2 venues and guests can easily go from floor to floor.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had a hard time deciding as well! those were my top two. I decided with the surf club because all my guest are traveling from fairfield county, CT and the drive to new rochelle is a little easier and I figured all the older guest would freak when they saw bronx on the invite. The prices and packages were almost identical but the surf club ended up giving us a better deal. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards