New York-New York City
Options

CHEAP but pretty wedding ceremony and reception venue

I would like to have a wedding for less than 10k total and approx 75 people. Im looking for sites where i can have both the ceremony and reception. Any ideas for nyc or Li???

Re: CHEAP but pretty wedding ceremony and reception venue

• Options
    random4180random4180 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Queens Botanical garden has very reasonable rates as do a number of other parks, gardens, museums, and historical sites in the area. My top three were Flushing Town Hall, Bayside Historical Society, and Bedford Historical Hall.

I chose the third one, just around an hour out of the city. I'm renting it for the whole day with a weekday rental fee of $650 (Sunday is $800 and I think Saturday is $1400.) The space itself is very clean and raw and it has indoor and outdoor areas. Inside seats up to 150 (there's a 3/4 wraparound balcony that I Iove!) and outside the patio can accommodate 100 more (not sheltered though.) That's including dance floor space and there's a  stage (also very attractive to me because we have a band!) 

There is the need for rentals (like tables, chairs, linens, a tent for the patio if needed) but there's no restrictions on who you can use (no in-house caterer or the like.) And what you choose to use/rent is up to you- having rented it, I can have a pizza, 6' sub, and soda picnic reception with six people and I can! (Not that I will but the point is you don't have to convince someone to leave out the ice sculpture and the champagne fountain from some predetermined package.) Being a historical landmark, there are restrictions regarding how to use the building- no fog machines, for instance. 

I'm on a tight budget too and have looked at a lot of places in NYC that simply wouldn't work. I figured to go outside the immediate area gave me a lot more leeway and having the whole day to set-up lent itself to a lot of DIY as far as decorating the raw space goes. I'm very excited about my find and I was looking for a space for closer to 150 people; with a smaller guest list, you have even more freedom!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ronkonkoma Beach Club Estates. You can def make that price happen there. I LOVED it. 
  • Options
    Kristyann14Kristyann14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you don't mind going right across the water to north bergen new jesey with an azaming view of NY. I just booked my ceremony and reception at Waterside. www.watersiderestaurantandcatering.com/">http://www.watersiderestaurantandcatering.com/ They gave me really good deal for a daytime wedding  and I will be having 50 -60 guest. They only do one wedding a day whiched I really liked too. Hope that helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards