Chit Chat

wedding overload

I just got off the phone with mom & dad, who live across the country.

They ended the conversation with "see you next weekend!"
OMG this is starting to happen NEXT WEEKEND?!
Granted, I knew what the date was today, and I knew their interary. Really I did. But wow. You can't prepare yourself for how you're going to feel two weeks out. A lot of family is flying in next weekend, a week early, to visit together before all the madness begins. But to me, their arrival is the madness beginning.

I still have playlists to build, things to buy, stuff to do.....I keep telling myself.
The thing is, I don't have a lot of stuff to do. It's all doable and I think it's the idea of everything being done that is actually freaking me out.

Am I completely freaking batshit insane? Anyone else have the same feelings? I want to take a long, quiet nap.
We're just two lost souls swimmin' in a fish bowl, year after year

Re: wedding overload

• I'm still 5 months away and I'm acting insane.  I don't even want to know how the heck I'm going to be 2 weeks out!  I say you go out to brunch with the girls and get plastered off of mimosas.  Roll your sleeves the next day and attack with full force!  Best of luck!  It'll be great!
  • kee80kee80 member
    First Comment
    My wedding is the same day as yours - I know EXACTLY how you feel.  Half of me is ready to go out & finish everything single-handedly, and the other half wants to crawl under my bed until the morning of.
  • It will all be okay. Something is bound to go wrong and you just have to accept it and move on. I had a hard time dealing with this early on, but once I came to grips with it, it has helped me tremendously. I am someone who is perfectionist, thinks she's superwoman sometimes, etc and if I can come to grips with it, anyone can.

We are 3 wks out, and still have some gifts to buy for the WP, but we are taking advantage of this long weekend and getting the rest of it finished up. Just priortize, make lists and take one day at a time. The stuff that isn't really necessary you may have to scratch if you run out of time, no one will notice anyway.

And just stay focused on the important thing - the marriage and the committment of 2 people, the rest is just details.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_wedding-overload?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:ad6a7693-4ebc-4e76-9508-1c4e0892686cPost:8f513d70-fff4-479f-a8f2-8dc2c0bddd63">Re: wedding overload</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding is the same day as yours - I know EXACTLY how you feel.  Half of me is ready to go out & finish everything single-handedly, and the other half wants to crawl under my bed until the morning of.
    Posted by kee80[/QUOTE]

You got it dead-on!
     All you ladies are right, I am taking advantage of this long weekend, with the help of a drink or two, and spending any down time doing extra relaxing things, like taking a bath, doing yoga, etc.
  • kee80kee80 member
    First Comment
    BigSur - I'll stay positive if you will :)
  • FI just said to me a couple hours ago "do you realize that one week from right now, you will be married?"

Holy.  Crap. 
  • Kee80, I'll stay positive! The 3-day weekend helped ;) I did nothing much....and I think that was exactly what I needed to do. I feel like I can handle it all now.

jme35, We had that conversation too. There's not much to say but.....wow. It's pretty unbelievable. After all this anticipation and preparation, it's no wonder we feel this way!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards