Plus-Sized
Options

Bra help!!!

Ok I went on Sunday for my alterations appointment. The dress pulls me together perfectly and I love my curves BUT last time I was there I told them I thought it felt a little tight in the stomache area....anyway at this appointment they asked if I thought it was the dress or the bra. They had me sit down in a chair and it was actually painful under my chest due to the plastic in the bra along the stomache part. I told them it hurt and they said, "well think about how long you'll be sitting." Which is true...but I also don't want to be uncomfortable all day. They don't do returns so I can't return the bra. Also, I am only a "b" cup and they gave me a "c"...so the breast part is too big. I just feel kind of akward in the bra and I was wondering what else is acceptable to wear for a bra on your wedding day? Like what if I just bought a strapless bra to wear? Would the dress still show my curves? Also, when I sat down, I couldn't even sit normally and the lady was like " well the table will come up to here...." and held her hand over my stomache. The women were very nice but I just don't know what to do!! Advice??

Re: Bra help!!!

• Options
    I would find a bra that fits you correctly and is comfortable - then go back to the seamstress and try the dress on with the new bra to make sure there aren't further adjustments needed.
  • Options
    I agree with PP.  You need to shop for a different bra, and then go back and have another fitting.  Since you are a smaller cup size, you also might just try spanx, to give you the shape you want, and have the seamstress sew in cups into the dress.
  • Options
    ditto the cups suggestion - I'm also a b-cup and I didn't wear a bra with my dress.  I initally tried it on with a longline, but it just wasn't comfortable and with a July wedding I really wasn't looking to add layers.  Try it on without - mine fit beautifully with nothing at all; and since the dress was properly fitted there was no fear of falling out.  I did end up having cups sewn in just because.
  • Options
    I would go with pp suggestion, skip the bra all together since you're a smaller cup & just have them sew in pads for to help give you a little support. If you don't want to go that route, just get a regular strapless bra.

I'm a G cup and just wore a regular strapless bra and my dress still showed off my curves and I was comfortable all day long. The few layers you have, the more comfortable you will feel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards