Military Brides
Options

The Royal Wedding

Is anyone else as sick of hearing about that as I am?! I mean seriously?! I even saw that some company in England is producing Royal Wedding themed cat food!!!!

Thank Goodness it's almost over!!
Photobucket

Re: The Royal Wedding

• Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been sick of hearing about this weeding snce before they even got engaged.  I swear the media has talked about their potential engagement for the past year at least.  I can't wait til it's over with.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Same here. I just skip it over whenever I see a post about it or I read gossip sites.
  • Options
    Sammy0709Sammy0709 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

MIL is obsessed with everything Princess Di and, by default, this wedding.  She was just here for a week (and talking about the wedding A LOT) so I'm avoiding the media so that I can have a much needed break from it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I Love Weddings. I mean, I've wanted to be a Wedding Planner since I was 6, and I absolutely HATE this wedding. Annd.. I'm also really sick of them making fun of Prince William's balding head. I mean seriously.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm stationed in the UK, and there is a LOT more coverage over here.  It has a different flavor though...I think most of the people care about it as an inssue of National Pride, which is kind of cool.   It's not just celebrity and novelty, like in the states.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that those of us who watched Princess Di get married, and fell in love with her, are excited to see her son make a choice that I think would make her happy.
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I love not having TV. I only watch what I want!

Also, SamiJoe, YGPM.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_royal-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:feaa5dbf-711e-49f2-ab3d-c2d5dd263594Post:b43c3ae2-a652-4a53-974a-d203a96b6461">Re: The Royal Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love not having TV. I only watch what I want! Also, SamiJoe, YGPM.
    Posted by WishIcouldbeinthe'stan[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto! I'm not nearly as worn out as anyone else because I'm only in contact with it when I want to be. I'm not gonna lie - I'm going to get up early and watch it (we do have a TV, we just never watch anything except movies on it). I've only been to two weddings in my life and this is an excuse to watch another one!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I only have 4 channels and I am still sick of it haha. :) I would hate to have no say in my own wedding. But its what she signed up for I guess.
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *small voice*  I kinda want to watch it...

But there's no way in hell I'm getting up at 4am.  TiVo exists for a reason!

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll probably watch it... But not at 4 am. I'm curious to see her dress. Thats really it.  I hardly ever even watch something if I can't DVR it. I just hate commercials. I have to wonder though, how much longer after it's over will we still have to hear about it? MIL says it was like this when Diana got married too. She's excited because her and Princess Di got married at the same time, and were pregnant at the same time, both times. She says she has a "connection". I think it's sort of like lots of other things I'm excited, I'm happy about it, but I'm tired of hearing about it.. Really I just want to see the dress.

Maybe I'll be Kate Middleton for Halloween!! My hair is growing out...
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All you lucky tiVo/DVR people. The only thing that's getting me up early is the scones we are baking the night before. (Yup, my friends and I are that pathetic.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    ESquared423ESquared423 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_royal-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:feaa5dbf-711e-49f2-ab3d-c2d5dd263594Post:e2ae67f3-5664-40bf-b5d7-0da86c2e6b1a">Re: The Royal Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]*small voice*  I kinda want to watch it... But there's no way in hell I'm getting up at 4am.  TiVo exists for a reason!
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

Hahaha..ditto! I will admit that I'm mildly interested and will watch..but I will only watch it after I DVR it and can fast forward through all the jibber jabber and get to the good part. I watch the Today Show each morning and haven't been able to watch it the past couple weeks (ESPECIALLY THIS WEEK) because all they are talking about is the Royal Wedding and it's just obnoxious. I feel like we are hearing the same exact stuff over and over again but they try to spice it up by saying "and up next Kate Middleton's great-grandmother's second-cousin's daughter-in-law will give us some exclusive wedding secrets!"
    PersonalMilestone Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards