Ohio-Columbus
Options

Gown preservation?

Any of you ladies doing this or know someone that did it?  I got married a couple weeks ago and would love to save my dress in some way or another.  Problem is, I've heard some horror stories, so I'm trying to decide what company is best or if it's more safe to do it on my own.  :-\

TIA, and vendor reviews coming soon. :)  

Re: Gown preservation?

• Options
    edited December 2011

First of all Congrats!!!

Secondly, you may find more information on The Nest local board.... just an idea. I found how to preserve the top tier wedding cake and some other wedding related questions on there that were quite helpful.

I am interested in this topic though b/c I know after my wedding I want my gown preserved.

I wonder if any of the bridal salons have any reccomendations for places to get it done.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at Gabriele's European Bridal in Westerville, and Gabriele recommends that you just clean your dress and to NOT preserve it.  She sends all of her brides to Dublin Cleaners to get it cleaned.  That's what I'm planning on doing after my wedding. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Myroni!  :)

I think you've got the right idea, lo.  I *was* told by my seamstress to at least wrap in in acid-free tissue after cleaning though to help preserve the color... guess I'll go in that direction. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards